Airline Hubs

What about PDX isn't that still a hub for Delta?

Also I believe Delta has a small hub in LAX. My flight instructors girlfriends father is based in LAX and flies 757/767's outa there.

If it's not a mini-hub for DL then it's at least a pilot base maybe someone can clarify it for me....paging Doug.

Also what about TPA and FLL I hear that Delta is the largest airline/most gates at both of those airports can't they both be considered hubs of sort?

LAX is called a hub by some but officially they call it a Gateway to the Pacific. PDX was the same thing. As far as FLL and TPA its just Delta has the most flights there.

Once upon a time, Delta was the biggest airline at LAX after the Western acquisition, but one of the Georgia Tech grads discovered that LAX/ONT/SNA all lie west of the eastern bank of the Chattahoochie river and drained all of the assets to the east coast.

After all, what proper genteel man wouldn't want to fly from the west coast, connect in ATL for a dose of that wonderful William B. Hartsfield southern charm before heading off to his business particulars in Miami?
smile.gif

We base some 757/767 crews (about 200 FO's and 200 captains) that cover LAX/SNA/ONT and the 767-400 crews (about 70 FO's and 55 captains) that do the Hawaiian operations.

Yeah, I really hate that America West pulled out of CMH...but when I look at it, to continue using it as a hub just didn't make sense with all the changes they've made in their 20 year history.

Now I don't have a home airline to support any more...all I can do is promote Netjets....If only I were rich enough to fly them...

Back