Aircraft Nicknames! Lets hear em'!

The Queer-6; a jet I almost ended up getting assigned to following A-10s.

queer.jpg

Trying to tell us something?

Ha! Just a weird name the jet was always being called. Maybe Bunk can shed light on the history. There used to be joint USAF/USN squadrons up at Whidbey, but they stopped taking USAF pilots and only took USAF EWOs, with all pilots being USN.

CRJ- CANADIAN Reset Jet
E170/190- E180 ( for having to make a 180 back to the gate after numerous mx issues)

Ha! Just a weird name the jet was always being called. Maybe Bunk can shed light on the history. There used to be joint USAF/USN squadrons up at Whidbey, but they stopped taking USAF pilots and only took USAF EWOs, with all pilots being USN.

If I had a guess, it would be something to do with it being a bastardized A-6, with the VAQ mission. No idea really though. I thought it was real bad ass until I saw them do night CQ for the first time. At that point, I was very glad that I hadn't gone Prowlers (my first choice when I finished flight school). Scurry to watch...

Hornet....baby Hornet, bug, legacy.......but it will always be the Legendary Hornet to me.....

PA-32: Scare-a-kee, Scare-a-toga.
PA-22: Flying Milk Stool.
C208: Turbine Suburban, Scare-a-van.
PA-31: NastyHo, or just plain old 'Ho.
Metroliner: Texas Tampon, San Antonio Sewer Pipe.
C207: universally known as the Sled.

Metro: San Antonio Sewer Pipe
J31: J-Ball, (crap)Stream
E145: Taco Rocket : more commonly; Barbie Fun Jet
E170: Jumbo Shrimp
747 Classic: Jurassic Classic
Any 74: The Whale
747LCF (aka Dreamlifter): Flying Propane Tank
747-8: The [feminine hygene product]; The Ocho
MU2: Rice rocket
CE-5xx: NearJet

Metro: Texas Sewer Pipe
747: Queen
A380: WhaleJet (sidenote: call it that over at Airliners.Net and you'll likely upset a bunch of snot nosed children)
Tu-144: Concordeski
B-1B: Bone
B-52: BUFF

Back