Aircraft Load Rating

F9DXER

Came across this while doing a charter flight into CYYZ - acft was using Txy K.

From CYYZ 10-9 page - Ball Note #2

"Twy K is uncontrolled and is restricted to acft with a wingspan of 135' (41.15m) (B757W) or less and an Aircraft Load Rating of 9.0 or less. Other aircraft may be authorized with prior approval from OPS."

I have never heard of an Aircraft Load Rating. (ALR)

A quick search gave this table.

Aircraft Load Rating (ALR)

Number expressing the relative structural loading effect of an aircraft on a pavement. ALRs are expressed on a scale from 1 (least demanding aircraft) to 12 (most demanding aircraft). ALRs have been assigned to present-day aircraft at their maximum and minimum operating weights and at a specific tire pressure. The ALR should not exceed the pavement load rating (PLR) for unrestricted aircraft operations. The ALR system for ranking aircraft in terms of their pavement-strength requirements is used exclusively in Canada. For the international reporting of aircraft pavement-strength requirements, the ICAO ACN (aircraft classification number) code is used.

No need to thank me! :bounce:

So, as a dispatcher checking NOTAMs for approach mins/runway closures/necessary equipment outages and if I’m legal to land at the airport, why do I care about a Taxiway weight restriction, but unless the runway reduces the ALR for my type of aircraft, I’m scrolling right past this one.

So, as a dispatcher checking NOTAMs for approach mins/runway closures/necessary equipment outages and if I’m legal to land at the airport, why do I care about a Taxiway weight restriction, but unless the runway reduces the ALR for my type of aircraft, I’m scrolling right past this one.
I feel like, unless the Nissan NOTAM lowers it, it's not much to worry about. This would be considered when they plan the route. If you are doing 91 flight planning or charter it's another story. Sure the aircraft can land on the runway, but if the number for the taxi is too low, you aren't leaving the runway.

I feel like, unless the Nissan NOTAM lowers it, it's not much to worry about. This would be considered when they plan the route. If you are doing 91 flight planning or charter it's another story. Sure the aircraft can land on the runway, but if the number for the taxi is too low, you aren't leaving the runway.
I can see that in the case where it’s a Part 91 flight or special charter flight this might be needed, especially if it’s an airport that is not normally planned into.

Back