Aircraft Carrier For Sale

I could station the aicraft carrier in the pond in my back yard!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Yeah, you would have to hire many people just to look after it, pilot it, etc...Guess that would cost a couple of million/year. Not to mention how much it would cost just to fill the thing up with fuel!!

Oh Yeah!!!!! I could make a ton of money. Have people pay to fly out to an aircraft carrier and do some traps and takeoffs. Of course your operating costs would be tremendously more than your profit. If people are willing to go fly MIGs in Russia, I'm sure they'd sell the farm to do this.

Coo! If we don't get Meigs Field re-opened, maybe Kermit Weeks can buy it & moore it just outside Chicago for GA use! Hey, I can dream, can't I!

JR

C130_Sunset.jpg

You know, there's 1376 registered JC users. If we all split the cost it would only be $3,270 per person!
shocked.gif

It could be the new JC headquarters. We could finally have that JC fly-in! We could stop on one coast, and then sail back to the other coast so everyone's happy...and think of the parties we could have in international waters!

Cool, so who's gonna go pick it up?

re: going to pick it up...

I call shotgun!!!
laugh.gif

Man, just dock it near Chicago and replace Meigs with it, charge the same landing fees and I'll bet half the pilots in the country would fly there, just to land on a Carrier and to drive Daley nuts!
laugh.gif

Jason

Yea, that's what I was thinkin, park it next to Miegs and have a really BIG fly-in!!

And no mayor, your not invited. While your at it butt-head, swab this deck!!

Seems like it would be a real money making tourist attraction.

[ QUOTE ]
You know, there's 1376 registered JC users. If we all split the cost it would only be $3,270 per person!
shocked.gif

It could be the new JC headquarters. We could finally have that JC fly-in! We could stop on one coast, and then sail back to the other coast so everyone's happy...and think of the parties we could have in international waters!

Cool, so who's gonna go pick it up?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Only $3,270 per person! well to start with I only have a grand, need about 400 bucks for this fatty dent I put in my moms new car...only the second day I had my license and look what happens! Oh well i guess it happens to the best of us!

Hey, I officially volunteer to run the Marine Detachment...somebody has to be in charge of security!!! Oh, and I'll also run the O-Club (This is a Royal Navy ship, so we can drink aboard...). Sounds good to me...who do I make my check out to???

I volunteer for lifeguard, so when you drunkards fall off, someone is there to pull your ass out of the drink! The JC Party Boat!

Since the Commander position is not taken yet, I will grab that! Of course I won't have much work since we will be permanently docked next to Meigs.

I guess I will just have to bark orders at the rest of you to go and clean the hull!
grin.gif

We'd have to get a huge sound system so we could blast the TOP GUN soundtrack on the flight deck all day. That's it, we'll run our very own version of a TOP GUN school. We'll have the very first, general aviation navy and we'll go out and "protect our interests" at home and abroad. I'm sure if we talk to Boyer he would love the idea. Count me in, what's another 3 grand on the loan
grin.gif
At least it would give me a job
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I volunteer for lifeguard, so when you drunkards fall off, someone is there to pull your ass out of the drink! The JC Party Boat!

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you sit in the very top mast? *WHISTLE* Hey, no running!!

Back