Aircraft Carrier For Sale

We can start a Jet Careers flight school on the deck. All graduating students will be very proficient at short field takeoffs and landings.

This carrier looks like it only has a take off ramp and no launch system. If we had that, we could tie up the Mayor of Chicago, put him in a 150 and launch him off the deck.
laugh.gif

I imagine that would cause the "structural limitations" to be exceeded. Too bad for him.

[ QUOTE ]
If we had that, we could tie up the Mayor of Chicago, put him in a 150 and launch him off the deck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not tie him to a skateboard or some other wheeled apparatus, and launch his ass into the lake? He doesn't deserve the privelage of going in a 150!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't deserve the privelage of going in a 150!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah send him in a Piper. HA HA I am too funny!

Aw man, I'm just starting to like Pipers. Shot like 6 landings in a Warrior II today and loved every minute of it. I like Piper's a lot more than anything Cessna is putting out right now...at least when you compare a 1978 Warrior II to a 1978 Cessna 172.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

If you buy the carrier and want to make Phil Boyer happy, park it in Lake Michigan. Right next to Meigs
smile.gif

AH! My fault, I read the French Creek thingie and thought it was a French carrier.

Thanks for the correction

Cheers

John Herreshoff

I was only joking about Pipers, I actually like them too!

BTW the aircraft carrier is BRITISH and is the only carrier that fought under our flag in WWII still around. It is a ship with a long proud history, and does not deserve the lack of research shown here!

It was meant to be posted in good jest, however I had to rush and it did not come out quite as I had planned. But calling a British ship a French is pretty bad!

Got ya. I wouldn't want one of our ships called French either. Unless we were going to be allowed to drink on board. Then you can call it whatever you want.

I'll throw in a vote for the Hooters girls. They can't fly but I'm sure they float just fine. You could have them say things like "Ay-ay captain Stubing!"

Swab my deck!

I think NetJets is considering buying it to support ops in the Pacific. Cessna is currently working on a tailhook/launchbar STC for the Citation V series.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Yes, I am just kidding. I think
cool.gif

Yeah, I think 'Ol Phil would love ya for that one.

I still think they way to get Meigs up and running again is to hop in you 150 and fly right a pattern altitute doing touch and go's for a couple hours.

Make sure you keep the pattern tight and stay at pattern alt so you can -- legally -- cut off a few airliners on final.

Or better yet maybe the FAA could put a hold into one of the approach procedures right over Daley's house. That ought to make his neighbor's happy.
tongue.gif

Later.

Naunga

Back