Aero Medical Down in North Dakota.

It was a SID that came out about 10 years ago.

New inspection requirement could ground Cessna 441 Conquest IIs

I'm not saying this had anything to do with this accident. There are a number of factors that can lead to an aircraft coming apart in-flight.

The 441 -- or all the twin Cessna for that matter -- are solid aircraft. As they get older, the maintenance costs increase and that stuff HAS to be done and they have to be treated right. You baby those geared engines on the 421, and they'll run like a champ. You abuse them, and you'll be replacing jugs and whole engines on a regular basis.

It's karma. You take care of your aircraft and it'll take care of you.

It was a SID that came out about 10 years ago.

New inspection requirement could ground Cessna 441 Conquest IIs

I'm not saying this had anything to do with this accident. There are a number of factors that can lead to an aircraft coming apart in-flight.

The 441 -- or all the twin Cessna for that matter -- are solid aircraft. As they get older, the maintenance costs increase and that stuff HAS to be done and they have to be treated right. You baby those geared engines on the 421, and they'll run like a champ. You abuse them, and you'll be replacing jugs and whole engines on a regular basis.

It's karma. You take care of your aircraft and it'll take care of you.
If Cessna had only built those twins the way Douglas built their C-47... ... I guess there is something to Karma after all. Douglas apparently lived a very good past life.

Conquest is a sturdy machine but had a known problem with the tail section. Easy to exceed Vne in a descent, gotta keep a close eye on the barber pole. Metal fatigue is insidious.

What pilot input would have caused a “positive overload failure of a wing“ during a climb in this plane?
Climbed to 14,000 then turned and dropped at 7800’pm? Hmmm…….

What the heck? ATP with nearly 5k hours climbs up to altitude and suddenly can't control an airplane at night because of pilot error? Kneejerk reaction here, but that sounds retarded. How much thought and effort did it take to come up with that analysis? Not buying it.

What the heck? ATP with nearly 5k hours climbs up to altitude and suddenly can't control an airplane at night because of pilot error? Kneejerk reaction here, but that sounds retarded. How much thought and effort did it take to come up with that analysis? Not buying it.
Based on your extensive investigation of the wreckage and other available evidence?

From everything I’ve heard about that pilot, he didn’t sound like the type that would lose control of an airplane in cruise. There has to be more to it. Autopilot chasing a failed gyro and the instruments stopped making sense?

From everything I’ve heard about that pilot, he didn’t sound like the type that would lose control of an airplane in cruise. There has to be more to it. Autopilot chasing a failed gyro and the instruments stopped making sense?
He wouldn’t be the first or the most experienced pilot to have that happen, unfortunately.

Back