ADX question

That was my understanding, which makes me wonder how a job offer has been extended based on solely the ADX, unless they just require it by the time of a comp check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Based on what I read, it appears as if OP wasn't extended an offer, rather; she is an internal with PDX who has been told they can get into a class of a certain date if they are ready by that time.

Based on what I read, it appears as if OP wasn't extended an offer, rather; she is an internal with PDX who has been told they can get into a class of a certain date if they are ready by that time.

The original post said the company would pay for the class, but now they have to pass the ADX in a very short period of time for the next class.

That just seems like we’re skipping a few steps, since the class is very soon.

The original post said the company would pay for the class, but now they have to pass the ADX in a very short period of time for the next class.

That just seems like we’re skipping a few steps, since the class is very soon.
You can take the ADX before going to class. Sounds like that's the offer the company has made... Pass the ADX and we'll pay for class. It's a little backwards, but you can technically do it that way.

I know that when I went through class, some expressjet internals were there on the company dime.

But with an internal candidate, I could totally see an offer, contingent on licence being earned before class or compcheck

Something I just realized. You only need to pass the ADX? You’ve already done class and completed the oral/practical with the FAA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, I've been working and studying so hadn't been back to check the thread.
Yes, I'm internal PDT. Basically, my view is they figure if I can study and pass the ADX written test on my own, then I won't wash out in class if they invest in me that way. Also, I'm happy that from what I hear from everyone, I'll be much less stressed out in class if I'm not studying for class and the test at the same time.
The class I'm talking about is not their OJT class but class at Sheffield where they were holding a slot for someone else that decided to wait. Then, if I pass the class and orals/practical, I'll go back to my old job until they open an OJT class.
I've wanted to do this for 13 years but never was able to swing it. I'm grateful to be at a company that can help me get my license now.

Sorry, I've been working and studying so hadn't been back to check the thread.
Yes, I'm internal PDT. Basically, my view is they figure if I can study and pass the ADX written test on my own, then I won't wash out in class if they invest in me that way. Also, I'm happy that from what I hear from everyone, I'll be much less stressed out in class if I'm not studying for class and the test at the same time.
The class I'm talking about is not their OJT class but class at Sheffield where they were holding a slot for someone else that decided to wait. Then, if I pass the class and orals/practical, I'll go back to my old job until they open an OJT class.
I've wanted to do this for 13 years but never was able to swing it. I'm grateful to be at a company that can help me get my license now.

Ah, ok. My assumption when you said class was class at PDT. That makes sense.

For what it's worth, I think it would be great to have passed the ADX before class, but don't go and waste money if you aren't ready to take it. It's not an easy test if you aren't familiar with the topics. I'm sure now I could pass with flying colors. But 2 or 3 years ago that wasn't the case lol

If you are able to pass the practice tests pretty well, go ahead and take it. But keep in mind, you are talking about taking the test before you learn the material. So if you don't take the test before the class, don't feel bad.

Back