ADX question

flygirl142

So I've scanned through the threads but not seen anyone ask exactly this question. On the test, how many questions are from each section? Are there about the same number per section? Do the sections that are larger have a higher representation?
I'm sorry if I'm wording this oddly, I've been up all night and probably not the most coherent.
Basically, I work for Piedmont and I am working to get my dispatcher license. They will pay for the class if I pass the ADX. The only issue is I got a message last week that there was an opening in the April class. I just have to pass the ADX by next Monday. They are not pressuring me to go to that class, they are just offering it as an option. They told me I could go to the July one as well.
I want to get in as soon as possible though because this is a good transition time for me and you never know what could change between now and July where they decide they don't need to hire anyone right now. (Yes, I know that regionals are a revolving door but just don't want to take chances. Plus, the earlier I get in, the better my senority.)
Anyway, this gives me two weeks to study. I know people have done it in two weeks but I have no days off so I'm studying during my 12 to 16-hour days at the airport and right now during my overnight shifts at the hotel I work at. I know they say just to memorize everything but that's hard for me. I feel the need to understand or at least be able to figure out why an answer is true. But that's making things take a very long time.
Basically, I'm wondering if I totally bought a certain area if I can still pass.

As stated, it is random. You may get several question in one section and none in another.

As far as I can remember, any question that gave you 3 numbers to choose from, the answer was always the middle value. It didn't matter if that middle value was answer A, B or C. You should be able to verify that if you have a study guide

As stated, it is random. You may get several question in one section and none in another.

As far as I can remember, any question that gave you 3 numbers to choose from, the answer was always the middle value. It didn't matter if that middle value was answer A, B or C. You should be able to verify that if you have a study guide

Wasn’t the answer for me, I had to develop quite a few memory tricks for fuel burn and such when I did mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's totally random. There are 80 questions on the test, and they can pick those 80 from a pool of 1,500. I got 7 or 8 pallet questions, or about 10% of my total. Some of my classmates got different questions. To go Forrest Gump on you, the ADX is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're going to get... ;)

Thank you all. I appreciate the feedback. Not sure if that's comforting or alarming lol. I have the shepherd app but it's just so much, so quickly. Granted, I don't absolutely have to get into this class, I can put it off. I really want to get it done though.

Buy the Shepard Air app... it’s worth it .

The questions are random so every test is different.

if you have any questions about PDT dispatch send me a PM
This app You meant?
Thx
debf06e7ff7849abc6bfdeedcfcb02af.jpg

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

Is there a separated or specific option to select study material for the ADX written test in the app?

Sheffield is supposed to have one. I heard mixed reviews about it. With it though, I would have been reimbursed for the cost after I enrolled in the class (because it's included). Unfortunately though, it's been taken down for the time being.

Sheffield is supposed to have one. I heard mixed reviews about it. With it though, I would have been reimbursed for the cost after I enrolled in the class (because it's included). Unfortunately though, it's been taken down for the time being.
The problem is that Sheffield's android app is still being updated by its developer.
(I just asked the school the other day)
I'll probably have to opt for purchasing an apple product to start my studies.

The problem is that Sheffield's android app is still being updated by its developer.
(I just asked the school the other day)
I'll probably have to opt for purchasing an apple product to start my studies.

I borrowed a laptop from my family. It's not quite as mobile but it works.

If you can knock out the ADX before the class, do it. I took the ADX during the class, and it was just a LOT of added stress. I used the Sheppard Air app. Totally worth it. But yeah, it's a lot. And it's some dry material...

I borrowed a laptop from my family. It's not quite as mobile but it works.
I've got a laptop. I just don't want to pay for the app (flight test 5).
Is it possible to use some sort of an IOS emulator
So I could get access to the app on App Store?
:))

I used the Sheffield app, and it helped me pass so I have no complaints.

Something I just realized. You only need to pass the ADX? You’ve already done class and completed the oral/practical with the FAA?

I don’t believe you are able to take the practical/oral unless you have all the pre-reqs met. At least in my experience this was the case.

I don’t believe you are able to take the practical/oral unless you have all the pre-reqs met. At least in my experience this was the case.

That was my understanding, which makes me wonder how a job offer has been extended based on solely the ADX, unless they just require it by the time of a comp check.

Back