Adventures in Jumpseating

Same here only I bid LC 3 day blocks. Flew 4 days this month. I did call in sick for a 3 day, though.
nice you can get 3 day blocks...other pilots from my class have been getting abused on LC...flying 15-16 days a month.

I guess I'd argue if reserves are getting called out every single day they're on there should probably be a little more slack in the system. For whatever reason it always feels way more tiring than flying on a line 15 days a month.
Long call reserve typically fly more because they are flying open time trips where short call handles the last minute sick calls or broken trips. I think its a fair trade off that some people make, do you want to fly more but with more advanced notice or roll the dice.

So I’m traveling on AAnother AAirline today. Got the jumpseat, boarded with group 6. Asked to speak with the guys, but they’re not here. Okay… asked the flight attendants to tell them I said please and thank you, then I took my seat in back.

FAs made the “boarding complete, prepare for departure” announcement. Still no pilots.

Half hour later, FAs made announcement that we are still waiting for pilots. This is awesome.

I’m basking in the knowledge that it isn’t my airline this time. Still…

Cant help but daydream about standing up. “I’m a 737 pilot and we’re gonna go fly this sucker! Anybody have the ramp frequency for DFW?”
1701279730249.jpeg

Why would pax be boarded when there’s no flight crew, even if there is cabin crew? Plane is still going to be late whether pax left onboard or at the gate.

Back