Adventures in Jumpseating

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
So I’m traveling on AAnother AAirline today. Got the jumpseat, boarded with group 6. Asked to speak with the guys, but they’re not here. Okay… asked the flight attendants to tell them I said please and thank you, then I took my seat in back.

FAs made the “boarding complete, prepare for departure” announcement. Still no pilots.

Half hour later, FAs made announcement that we are still waiting for pilots. This is awesome.

I’m basking in the knowledge that it isn’t my airline this time. Still…

Cant help but daydream about standing up. “I’m a 737 pilot and we’re gonna go fly this sucker! Anybody have the ramp frequency for DFW?”

I’m AAt this AAirline and we are constantly late, like every leg. Lots of it is fully preventable. Had a 3 hour sit with a plane swap that had been in a hangar overnight. Got to the gAAte and it still wasn’t towed over. After an hour of waiting, the aircraft arrives with two ECAMs. Mechanics walk off and say they just taxi it. 🤡

I’m AAt this AAirline and we are constantly late, like every leg. Lots of it is fully preventable. Had a 3 hour sit with a plane swap that had been in a hangar overnight. Got to the gAAte and it still wasn’t towed over. After an hour of waiting, the aircraft arrives with two ECAMs. Mechanics walk off and say they just taxi it. 🤡
What station was this and why was it Miami?

I mostly blAAme the optimizer for that stuff. You can only be so efficient with crew and aircraft scheduling before you set yourself up for problems.

🙂

not being that guy...but in the last year I've flown 126 flights and maybe 20 were delayed (zero due to crew, mostly weather with a pinch of mx)...3 were canceled cause of weather...no mx cancellations.

just comparing to my last operator where 30-50% cancellation were common

for me...the grAAss is certainly greener, fertilized, well groomed and not astro turf.

not being that guy...but in the last year I've flown 126 flights and maybe 20 were delayed (zero due to crew, mostly weather with a pinch of mx)...3 were canceled cause of weather...no mx cancellations.

for me...the grAAss is certainly greener, fertilized, well groomed and not astro turf.
There is a great meme somewhere of two legacy pilots crying at each other about why their respective employers are better.

Then there's two bearded ULCC pilots going "your employer sucks" with the reply "lmao I know right"

Id say the grass is green. It’s not greener… just a different type of grass.

With that said, looking at my logbook my D0 is atrocious. Like 60%.

Id say the grass is green. It’s not greener… just a different type of grass.

With that said, looking at my logbook my D0 is atrocious. Like 60%.
base and aircraft dependent but yes...FTR, I bid SC for a reason...Ive been averaging 6-8 days working the last 4 months...not worth the line.

base and aircraft dependent but yes...FTR, I bid SC for a reason...Ive been averaging 6-8 days working the last 4 months...not worth the line.
Same here only I bid LC 3 day blocks. Flew 4 days this month. I did call in sick for a 3 day, though.

Back