Acquired a job?

Retired in SAN

Time to return to the saddle..
Am curious if anyone has been able to secure a position by posting in the "Job needed" portion of this board. I understand it's all about connections. Just wondering if they had secured employment through this part of the forum.

Thanks in Advance..

Solely by posting?

Probably not.

By posting and developing a professional relationship with a person in a position to help, I assume so.

No...

Better to go to airport and see by yourself.... I sent many resume. I got nothing.

And this is worldwide, not only in USA.

Here's the trick. If you think applying online is going to get you a job, it's not

If you think simply by posting you're looking for a job, you're not.

But telling people you're out there, wearing out pairs of shoes walking hangar to hangar, talking about your goals at every opportunity and actively seeking opportunity -- those things build a "net" of sorts and you WILL catch success.

But you've got to have a net.

I can't tell you how many pilots and spouses I see complain about lack of opportunity but can't answer the first question about what they've done other than apply online.

This ain't 2005.

I know of a half dozen folks who have been hired for flying jobs partly based on connections that have been made on JC. Not directly answering your specific question, but important to note.

Hell, my other FO is one of the 'big wigs' at an east coat F-22 squadron. Imagine the possibilities if someone has told me "Damn guys, I really want to fly F-22's in the guard (reserve?)" a few months ago.

I know they're out there, but it's not like I'm going to go scour the website looking for people who may be interested.

Gotta talk about your goals.

This ain't kindergarten, no one is looking for you and sure in hell no one's going to find you! :)

Hell, my other FO is one of the 'big wigs' at an east coat F-22 squadron. Imagine the possibilities if someone has told me "Damn guys, I really want to fly F-22's in the guard (reserve?)" a few months ago.

I know they're out there, but it's not like I'm going to go scour the website looking for people who may be interested.

I think there is a lot of an 'instant gratification' issue with some folks regarding networking. They want to get to know people and share based purely on an angle, on what it might get them in the short term. I don't know how people get the idea that this is a good idea or works, but it seems to be pretty common.

So, I imagine there are some people (not speaking toward the OP, obviously, or anyone else in particular) who will see JC, see the entire theme of this site with paying it forward and the many references to networking and jobs...and get quite the wrong idea about how to use the resources here.

Of course, by resources, I mean well-intentioned people who are forum members and who are willing and eager to extend a hand to help....but probably not to a faceless name who shows up and asks for help first thing.

Seemed like a simple question that turned into a lecture on life. Thanks. I'm not looking for a job. Already spent 30 years walking hangers and making connections and enjoyed a very successful flying career. Wasn't asking for instant gratification. Was just curious if all these other posts for pilots looking for work had any success in securing a job. Apparentlly not, so far...

Have a great day all!

I personally didn't post in the Jobs Needed forum...BUT did secure a job thru the JC forum. A loooooootttt of researching and emails....but it paid off. If you put the time and effort into networking and emailing, the same can happen for anyone!!

Seemed like a simple question that turned into a lecture on life. Thanks. I'm not looking for a job. Already spent 30 years walking hangers and making connections and enjoyed a very successful flying career. Wasn't asking for instant gratification. Was just curious if all these other posts for pilots looking for work had any success in securing a job. Apparentlly not, so far...

Have a great day all!

Then maybe you should have added a disclaimer that you weren't looking for a detailed, direct answer to your question. This isnt a job hunting website. The job section is just a little added benefit to a much bigger opportunity which is networking.

Then maybe you should have added a disclaimer that you weren't looking for a detailed, direct answer to your question. This isnt a job hunting website. The job section is just a little added benefit to a much bigger opportunity which is networking.

Disclaimer, now that's amusing. Still looking for the "disclaimer" that statee the Jobs needed section was just an added little benefit. Thanks for pointing that out Shawn.

Let me be a little more clear, has anyone who HAS posted in the JOBS NEEDED section of the JC forum been contacted about a a potential job offer?

I know of a half dozen folks who have been hired for flying jobs partly based on connections that have been made on JC. Not directly answering your specific question, but important to note.
But the closes answer so far. Thanks Hacker. A good point...

Disclaimer, now that's amusing. Still looking for the "disclaimer" that statee the Jobs needed section was just an added little benefit. Thanks for pointing that out Shawn.

Let me be a little more clear, has anyone who HAS posted in the JOBS NEEDED section of the JC forum been contacted about a a potential job offer?

No one is going to look at a posting there and give you an opportunity.

Check out this: http://forums.jetcareers.com/threads/networking-tips.153507/

Now if you couple that with talking about what you're looking for, you're going to find success. The "Jobs Wanted" is nothing more than a wrench in your job-search toolbox.

I admit that I sound like an ass when I say this, but either you get it or you don't. :)

Thanks Derg, I have sucess and I'm not looking for an opportunity. Yes, you are sounding like an ass because there is nothing for me to get. The part I don't unberstand was how simple the original question was and how far out context it has been taken.

Anyone else who HAS posted in this section and heard back about an opportunity?

Thanks!

I think we just answered your question a few times as well.

It's a single part of a whole strategy.

Uhh, nope. Didn't ask for advice on how to get a job. But thanks. Got plenty of that.

Anyone who DID post on the "jobs needed" part on the forum get a response? Not a trick question.

Thank you

Am curious if anyone has been able to secure a position by posting in the "Job needed" portion of this board. I understand it's all about connections. Just wondering if they had secured employment through this part of the forum.

Thanks in Advance..

Yes.

Back