Acquired a job?

Ahh, dirty diaper:cry:

Anyone else?
I have tried a few times - with no success. I didn't expect anything to stick... it's just fun to apply to random jobs sometimes and practice writing cover letters.

And that's why I'll be in Vegas this weekend :)

Well, I wasn't exactly looking when I stumbled into my current gig, but I did get it through this site.
ppragman
TallFlyer

Also had plenty of people offer to help me get into other gigs but timing has just never worked out.

Hell, my other FO is one of the 'big wigs' at an east coat F-22 squadron. Imagine the possibilities if someone has told me "Damn guys, I really want to fly F-22's in the guard (reserve?)" a few months ago.

So your FO isn't good enough to drop bombs, only good enough to fly circles in the CONUS and do a few airshows, is what you're saying?

Pass it along.....with love. :)

So your FO isn't good enough to drop bombs, only good enough to fly circles in the CONUS and do a few airshows, is what you're saying?

Pass it along.....with love. :)

I will.

And thank you! :)

I think I will end the sentence with "...BOOOOM"

I've flown,
Aerial Survey - Learned about on JC, had a JC member walk resume in
Martinaire 135 freight - Learned about on JC, then I went and visited the HQ in Addison and got the job on the spot
Current gig E170 FO - Learned about on JC and had a JC member walk resume in
(those are just 3 of the 8 flying jobs I've had)

I have never posted in the "jobs needed" section

...but without JC I would not be where I am today...thanks Derg

I was able to get my first flying job through JC. I was a brand new low time flight instructor and posted that I was looking for a summer CFI job close to home because i was still in school. About 3 weeks later Hook_dupin PM'd me about an opening at his flying club. I sent in a resume and talked to my future boss and got the job.

Am curious if anyone has been able to secure a position by posting in the "Job needed" portion of this board. I understand it's all about connections. Just wondering if they had secured employment through this part of the forum.

Thanks in Advance..
I've gotten 3 jobs through, around, or associated with JC and one other site. Doug's living room has had its ebbs and flows but seems to consistently have a great group of members that stick around.

Most jobs I got was walk in.

Sending resume? Forget about it.

Instead to go in a nice flight school, save some money and make a 3 weeks trip around the world to look for a job.

Still you never make any money of it, you can survive... ,guys I know live with mom and dad or girlfriends.

I've applied for, followed up with, and landed 3 jobs from the jobs available forum and it allowed me to build a lot of time without ever doing a job I hated. I have never posted in the jobs needed section but jobs from JC have contributed 100% to my career progression from 260tt to 2,500tt now. Of course a lot of leg work was done after I saw the postings to secure the gig but without JC I would likely be homeless and fellating folks for nickels.

Uhh, nope. Didn't ask for advice on how to get a job. But thanks. Got plenty of that.

Anyone who DID post on the "jobs needed" part on the forum get a response? Not a trick question.

Thank you

Here is a trick question: can you read and comprehend any of the posts??

Back