AA W/O’s get massive pay raise

Yeah, definitely a hit for mainline. The AA balance sheet is already scary enough, as you hinted to. Just wondering how bad the bailout is gonna be.
Is it possible that AAG has no intention of paying this for very long and are simply maneuvering and biding time until whatever endgame they have in mind?

Does the AAL contract have RJ rates in its pay tables?

Is it possible that AAG has no intention of paying this for very long and are simply maneuvering and biding time until whatever endgame they have in mind?

I think the fact that they only gave the WOs a 2 yr agreement speaks to that. I have a friend at a WO who said this move is scaring him into getting out as fast as possible (not that he wasn't already trying to get out).

I don't know, but 2 years seems like an eternity in this macro environment. They don't have access to cheap cash anymore and gas prices are through the roof.

1655613256389.png

Interesting debate! I was hired by Endeavor with a November 28th class date coming up. Endeavor being a Delta W/O, makes your wonder if they will follow suit, used to be the best paying regional up until last week...

Interesting debate! I was hired by Endeavor with a November 28th class date coming up. Endeavor being a Delta W/O, makes your wonder if they will follow suit, used to be the best paying regional up until last week...
If Delta wants to prevent losing market share they’ll do something… Anyone’s guess what that may be. Maybe money? Maybe a staple? Who knows…

As for the AA regional pay rates my initial reaction was, “well this is the end”. It isn’t sustainable and I would be more nervous now than ever if my plan was to stay at an AA regional and flow to AA.

The current economy/demand isn’t going to last much longer. People have already eaten through their savings from Covid and are now putting stuff like airline tickets on credit cards. Depending on how bad the coming economic event is will dictate a lot of what happens to AA, and all airlines.

As for the AA regional pay rates my initial reaction was, “well this is the end”. It isn’t sustainable and I would be more nervous now than ever if my plan was to stay at an AA regional and flow to AA.

The current economy/demand isn’t going to last much longer. People have already eaten through their savings from Covid and are now putting stuff like airline tickets on credit cards. Depending on how bad the coming economic event is will dictate a lot of what happens to AA, and all airlines.
My wife works for a major jewelry retailer. I saw their numbers today for the year. They’re the canary in the coal mine. We’re boned.

Back