AA hiring rate and Envoy flow rant

It's one thing to do that, and then adapt and move on.

It's another thing when you're arguging about how you shouldn't have to learn it because the way we did it at Brand X was better, and screw you.
Well then the discussion is about arguing the merits of one way over another long after class because they believed in it. OK.

I thought it was just because a newcomer (new flow) is trying to wrap his head around something that is completely opposite of how he was initially taught at the still new company. I have some sympathy toward that. Sometimes when you get into your thirties it takes a little extra time to get through your head the other way isn't done at the new place.

Some of the flows are going wonderfully, others not so much. The ones that do flow through better make damned sure they bring their A-game and cut out the "well, at XYZ we did it this way" else the concept will be a relic of the past.

#storytimewithunclederg over beer one day.
True. 767 to 767 at another company was a pain in the butt, but we all shut our mouths and just worked through it. Even if we all think "VR," "positive climb," and "plus hundred" (instead of "approaching minimums") are weird as hell. And why am I doing all these flows backwards, now? :)

True. 767 to 767 at another company was a pain in the butt, but we all shut our mouths and just worked through it. Even if we all think "VR," "positive climb," and "plus hundred" (instead of "approaching minimums") are weird as hell. And why am I doing all these flows backwards, now? :)
Or spending your whole career saying "Vee one - rotate - Vee two". Or the last 2.5 years (1,420 cycles) saying "positive rate, gear up" as the PF. Or "set thrust" (it's check thrust on the new whip, a subtle but important difference).

That's true of regular newhires just like it is with flow-throughs. It's not unique. We saw that all the time at the 'Tran. "Well, at Midwest, we flew the 717 this way."

There's actually a lot more to the story, but I shouldn't have the information that I have which is why I don't want to elaborate publicly. But you know, slide me a few cocktails and I'll chirp like a bird before I pass out.

There's actually a lot more to the story, but I shouldn't have the information that I have which is why I don't want to elaborate publicly. But you know, slide me a few cocktails and I'll chirp like a bird before I pass out.
Nobody cares how I did it at American Eagle.

Nobody cares how Dad did it at Western.

Nobody will care how I did it at SkyWest, or on the Brasilia, or...

(etc.)

Edit: I hear a lot of "Well on the CRJ we did (___)" in my 175 class right now. Nobody especially cares how you did it on the Canadair!

Back