AA dispatcher layoffs?

I’m sorry. In another life I worked for a public accounting firm with a large process improvement consulting practice. The firm made a good deal of money implementing fixes after companies tried implementing McKinsey’s recommendations. M & Co seemed to be proficient at making process-related recommendations that don’t work out.

There is no way that with all the upcoming retirements and the Flight Keys implementation that they are in the position to be able to lay off dispatchers

McKinsey & Company have been sitting with dispatchers and have come to the conclusion that they (dispatch) could do more with less....at least that is what their recommendation will be.
I heard the opposite. That they have found that they need to staff for bad weather days after learning the immense work that dispatchers do.

This was last night. Not sure where your getting your info from.

Management will most likely ignore this information and continue to do what they do any of they cut heads it will be for middle management, like they've done previously.

tumblr_inline_pk05msgIrG1rdpkcf_500.gifv

Neither. They literally just hired two classes

The last two AA furloughs were hire until they furloughed. There were probies and dispatchers in training both times. I am not saying furloughs will happen now but if the company decided they needed fewer dispatchers, the fact they just hired would not stop them from doing so.

As an AA pilot, good dispatchers are worth their weight in gold! Thank you!
Hey Fry, It would appear that your meme says it all. But I wonder, what is a "good" dispatcher? Really. I see guys leave behind horrible mistakes, oversights, and just plain lazy remarks and yet I hear them called "good, great, knowledgable". Personally, I dont want to be know as a "good dispatcher". No sir. In fact, I dont want to be known at all.

Hey Fry, It would appear that your meme says it all. But I wonder, what is a "good" dispatcher? Really. I see guys leave behind horrible mistakes, oversights, and just plain lazy remarks and yet I hear them called "good, great, knowledgable". Personally, I dont want to be know as a "good dispatcher". No sir. In fact, I dont want to be known at all.
the good ones are all in with anticipation while not needing to prompted( of course there that’s not always the case)
-Extra fuel when needed
-adding an alternate
-quick MEL updates to releases
- preemptive course updates,l
- updates throughout the flight mainly with weather and while holding

Most do this, but for the ones that don’t, it’s just one extra headache on maybe an awful day.

You’d be amazed how many times we don’t know why a certain Flight level or route was chosen, simple things like a sentence explaining why does wonders!( again most do)

the good ones are all in with anticipation while not needing to prompted( of course there that’s not always the case)
-Extra fuel when needed
-adding an alternate

Most do this, but for the ones that don’t, it’s just one extra headache on maybe an awful day.

You’d be amazed how many times we don’t know why a certain Flight level or route was chosen, simple things like a sentence explaining why does wonders!( again most do)
half of that is flight following...

half of that is flight following...
and not everyone does this, as he pointed out in his post. while at my former regional, it was admittedly a little hard to effectively flight follow every flight as the workload was quite high. but at my major, there's really no excuse. you can really keep yourself (and the crew) out of the red by staying proactive. some will never learn this, or they're just lazy

-Extra fuel when needed
-adding an alternate

I dont understand why you would want quick MEL amendments. MELs issues comprise a sizable percentage of AA dispatch ASAPs. Being hurried by maintenance to approve MELs and for amended releases by pilots is a big reason why MELs do not get properly applied. Getting it right is much more important than getting it done fast.

If you dont understand your altitude or route plan then you need to call the dispatcher. Dont sign a release you dont understand.

Back