AA Cuba Flights

squawk7800

I recently took a flight from MIA-HAV on mainline AA. On the way there and on the way back, there were 4-5 Envoy Employees on the aircraft. Only idea I had was that they are scouting out HAV as a possible station or doing some training with the HAV station. My other though was for precautionary maintenance but why wouldn’t AA just use their own mx team?

It may be simple planning for envoy to start going there. Might be looking at procedures for their international ops manual or something.

I don't work there but I've just read at our company (RAH) we're starting our HAV(MUHA) flights from EWR up again.

It may be simple planning for envoy to start going there. Might be looking at procedures for their international ops manual or something.

I don't work there but I've just read at our company (RAH) we're starting our HAV(MUHA) flights from EWR up again.
Cool thanks! I just looked that up. That is a decently long flight for an ERJ no? 4 hours and change.

Not sure if that is worse than IAH/ANC - blocked at 7.4 using a 737
Honestly surprised some airline bean counter doesn't see the 100+% demand on those routes and pushes network planning to toss a 75 or even a 76WB on the route to save flying to Alaska 3 times a day or something. Heck ive seen UAL fly triples to Newark from ORD as a revenue leg with the plane empty to recoup some extra dollars.

I recently took a flight from MIA-HAV on mainline AA. On the way there and on the way back, there were 4-5 Envoy Employees on the aircraft. Only idea I had was that they are scouting out HAV as a possible station or doing some training with the HAV station. My other though was for precautionary maintenance but why wouldn’t AA just use their own mx team?
AAG shares OPS handling at many stations both domestic and International. Its a way to share costs.

For example. Envoy is doing the handling in Hawaii.. why>? honestly no clue, envoy wouldnt ever service that station. My guess is its cheaper to have a regional ops team service the aircrafts, rather than mainline AA.

Sheesh my parents were in Santiago, Chili and were flying on Mainline AA and United was doing the ground handling...

Back