AA Companion for sale

pepperoni69

I see many people working for AA at Fort Worth selling companion passes to random people over the internet or through a middle man. Usually in big cities like LA, Chicago and Nyc. How are these people able to list random people on their Travel Planner? Don't they have to provide legal proof of domestic partner, marriage certificates etc?
Lots of them are scamming people taking the money and then locking them out of their account for fear of getting caught by the airline. Can these scammers be reported? Is there an AA hotline for this matter? Besides terminating the employee, can the airline file against the unlucky person who tried to purchase the pass in the first place?

Your travel companion doesn't have to have any relation to you, however you can't get any monetary benefit for it. Additionally, you can usually only change your travel companion once per year during open enrollment. The LUS side of AA was VERY quick to shut down the sale of any travel benefits. I don't know the history of the LAA side.

giphy.gif

Your travel companion doesn't have to have any relation to you, however you can't get any monetary benefit for it. Additionally, you can usually only change your travel companion once per year during open enrollment. The LUS side of AA was VERY quick to shut down the sale of any travel benefits. I don't know the history of the LAA side.
How can you be ok claiming to be the parent of a 40 y.o when you are obv just 27?

I see many people working for AA at Fort Worth selling companion passes to random people over the internet or through a middle man. Usually in big cities like LA, Chicago and Nyc. How are these people able to list random people on their Travel Planner? Don't they have to provide legal proof of domestic partner, marriage certificates etc?
Lots of them are scamming people taking the money and then locking them out of their account for fear of getting caught by the airline. Can these scammers be reported? Is there an AA hotline for this matter? Besides terminating the employee, can the airline file against the unlucky person who tried to purchase the pass in the first place?

How can you be ok claiming to be the parent of a 40 y.o when you are obv just 27?

All right now, #companionpasscharlie

bbqb.jpg

I just did a quick search on CL and it seems the going rate for a companion pass is between $2k-4k in NYC.

I hope these people get caught and fired. They're going to screw it up for the rest of us. Better keep that crap quiet around me, I'll make it my mission to see to it.

Yeah but this is for “lifetime” use of it, not just one and done.
It's not for a lifetime, it's for a 1 year duration only. If the employee gets fired you lose the benefits, but at the same time the employee can restrict you from traveling and he's the only one with the password to access the travel planner. They are really messing it up for everyone.

AA is the last airline I'd try that with given how ruthlessly their revenue protection department goes after their frequent flyers for selling reward tickets.

I barely let family use them, due to possible repercussions if they misbehave. I can’t imagine selling one to someone I don’t know.

Although @Derg is absolutely correct.

I think I've used less than 10 "friends and family" in the last two decades.

Back