AA Companion for sale

AA is the last airline I'd try that with given how ruthlessly their revenue protection department goes after their frequent flyers for selling reward tickets.

I believe there's a regional that charges its employees for its buddy pass (payroll deduction). So, maybe some carriers don't care about abuse.

I believe there's a regional that charges its employees for its buddy pass (payroll deduction). So, maybe some carriers don't care about abuse.

There's at least one mainline that charges it's regionals for non-rev privileges. Hell, I've had gate agents try and charge me for a Zed fare to list for a jumpseat.

I see many people working for AA at Fort Worth selling companion passes to random people over the internet or through a middle man. Usually in big cities like LA, Chicago and Nyc. How are these people able to list random people on their Travel Planner? Don't they have to provide legal proof of domestic partner, marriage certificates etc?
Lots of them are scamming people taking the money and then locking them out of their account for fear of getting caught by the airline. Can these scammers be reported? Is there an AA hotline for this matter? Besides terminating the employee, can the airline file against the unlucky person who tried to purchase the pass in the first place?
It's so easy a Cave Man could do it...

Oh, wait, that's a decade old.

Sort of like the buddy pass "problem".

Back