AA Bites Back Again

[ QUOTE ]

Your reference to a scab is incorrect. Scabs cross picket lines. Check out the definition.

[/ QUOTE ]

The United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit used the following definition in Dunn v. ALPA

"The various definitions of a "scab" in the labor context are: "(1): one who refuses to join a union (2): a member of a union who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended (3): a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike (4): one who works for lower wages than or under conditions contrary to those prescribed by a union." Webster's Third New International Dictionary 2022 (1986). The definitions quoted are from the 1986 version of the dictionary, which was the current version when the "scabs" list was published in 1991. The definitions remain unchanged in the 1993 version of the same dictionary. See Webster's Third New International Dictionary 2022 (1993)."

confused.gif

That's talking AT that particular company. If you are non-union at company B and working for less than the union pilots at company A, you are not a scab.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Mr. Neeleman,

P.S. - Sorry for jacking up your name.

Love, Doug Taylor

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason this really cracked me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad someone got my joke!

My attempts over the past week to drop the humor bombs all...well..bombed!

[/ QUOTE ]
Well that one was a "shack", Doug! Hilarious!

[ QUOTE ]
That's talking AT that particular company. If you are non-union at company B and working for less than the union pilots at company A, you are not a scab.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one ever said otherwise. The courts have accepted 4 actions which describe a "scab", but we typically only refer to two, both of which involve crossing a picket line, but that doesn't mean the other two don't fall under the definition.

Apologies to all for the thread creep, back to the subject at hand.

Re: AA 4th Quarter Results Here!

"AMR Reports A Fourth Quarter Net Loss of $111 Million, A Significant Improvement Over Last Year"

It may be an improvement over last year, but it still isn't very good. I'm going to hold with what I said before and state that I think AA should spend more time trying to shore up the loss and less driving the competition (that only competes with them on 10% of their routes) out. .02 only.

Ethan

With all this talk about the future why don't we focus on right here and now. Total RPM's haven't increased since mid-2000. JBLU came along in 1999. If there has been no expansion of the air travel market as a whole and JBLU is growing aggressively, who are they taking business away from?

AA, DAL, UA, CA, have all lost marketshare to JBLU. JBLU is already messing with AA and is already kicking their teeth in in select areas of the market. Air travel as it now exists is an undifferentiated service and price will always win over intangilbles and percieved quality. JBLU has taken a huge bite out of the major's arses and the unsurping will continue until they exploit all the soft spots.

AA may have been tough, but the noses and asses of the Mormons who run JBLU are hard. My money is on JBLU

[ QUOTE ]
but the noses and asses of the Mormons who run JBLU are hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have got to stop reading posts while I am drinking milk.
laugh.gif

Ethan

Back