A320 Type Rating in USA

Which is the best place to do my Initial A320 Type Rating in USA ?

• Aerostar Training Services,Orlando,FL

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • High Power Aviation,Fort worth,TX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • K & S Aviation,Mesa,AZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pan Am Training Academy,Miami

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Others

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paulysmithsin

Hello Everyone,

I have a Multi Engine FAA CPL with 278 hours TT.
I am planning to do a type rating in A320.I am looking for some place to do my initial Type Rating in USA.
Which is the best place to do my Initial Type Rating?
please share your advise and suggestions for the same.

please let me know if you have any experiences with any TRTO's

Some of them which i found on internet are:

Aerostar Training Services,Orlando,FL..(Jetblue Training)

High Power Aviation,Fort worth,TX

K & S Aviation,Mesa,AZ

Pan Am Training Academy,Miami

Thanks in advance.. :)

I can dust off my old gaming PC and fire up Flight Sim 2004 with one of the payware Airbus add-ons. Pay me half of what it would cost you to get the type, and I'll teach you what little I know. Seggy will help out too.

In the end, you save a ton of money, and, even though you won't get a type, the training is still about as valuable as if you did get one.

I can dust off my old gaming PC and fire up Flight Sim 2004 with one of the payware Airbus add-ons. Pay me half of what it would cost you to get the type, and I'll teach you what little I know. Seggy will help out too.

In the end, you save a ton of money, and, even though you won't get a type, the training is still about as valuable as if you did get one.
Exactly! What are your plans after the training? What is your next move?

I have been to Higher Power a few times. Good facility and really nice people. I have heard some unpleasant things about Pan Am, but I have never been there.

Thanks for the reply guys,i have got an employment offer from Middle east after TR

Please let me know someone have any previous experiences?

I... man, I don't want to ask this... but... I just... have to...

Are they paying for it? Or are you?
can-of-worms.jpg

Uh, second officer as in flight engineer?

Hate to break it to you, but the A320 is a two pilot airplane. A flight engineer on an A320 is about as useful as a Navigator in an Ercoupe.

Good luck.

Uh, second officer as in flight engineer?

Hate to break it to you, but the A320 is a two pilot airplane. A flight engineer on an A320 is about as useful as a Navigator in an Ercoupe.

Good luck.

Second officer as in international relief pilot, or cruise pilot, or second officer, or whatever they call it in Europe. He's not mistaken, the terminology is simply different outside the United States.

We still need that popcorn eating Smiley face

At both Dragonair (HK), and Qatar Airways, and I am sure others within the JAA world - a second officer is a fully qualified and
type rated officer whom will fly the plane, from take off to landing, but is essentially on 'high minimums' with a training captain until a set number of cycle and hours are completed.

Second officer as in international relief pilot, or cruise pilot, or second officer, or whatever they call it in Europe. He's not mistaken, the terminology is simply different outside the United States.

Wasn't aware of that, learned something new today. Only knew of that term used to described the FE.

Not slamming the Ercoupe, just picked a random light single for a multi-crew example. I almost went with logging SIC in a C-172, but figured that horse was beaten to death.

Back