A320 Type Rating in USA

Which is the best place to do my Initial A320 Type Rating in USA ?

• Aerostar Training Services,Orlando,FL

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • High Power Aviation,Fort worth,TX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • K & S Aviation,Mesa,AZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pan Am Training Academy,Miami

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Others

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HELLO! THIS SOUNDS LIKE FUN! I WANT TO FLY BIG JET TOO! I WILL BE WILLING TO SPEND THIS EXTRA $25,000 THAT I HAVE LYING AROUND! GOSH IT'S HEAVY, CARRYING ALL THAT MONEY!

No, it is pretty standard in the Middle East. And Southwest Airlines.

I know, quite familiar with the hiring process in India, ME, etc. However - it is very interesting to see how these threads pan out. Like this:

HELLO! THIS SOUNDS LIKE FUN! I WANT TO FLY BIG JET TOO! I WILL BE WILLING TO SPEND THIS EXTRA $25,000 THAT I HAVE LYING AROUND! GOSH IT'S HEAVY, CARRYING ALL THAT MONEY!

A lot of my classmates at ERAU that were from the Middle East were able to pretty much get typed and become employed back in their home countries with very little time.

Sent from my TRS-80

Second officer as in international relief pilot, or cruise pilot, or second officer, or whatever they call it in Europe. He's not mistaken, the terminology is simply different outside the United States.
In the middle east I believe they actually have their second officers just observe flights in the jump seat for six months or so before hopping in the right seat as some sort of wierd experience booster.

It's a real aircraft? I tried to put my kid cousin in it but couldn't find where to insert the quarters.

Long live pull starters and hand brakes. I've got 40 hours in a 415C. Flew it from VA to TX and back, then to FL to sell it. Even gave 2 hours of dual instruction.

Thanks for the reply everyone..but i am trying to get something productive from here..:)

I can understand your frustration,I will be flying Multi engine aircrafts till i reach around 1000hrs and training for another 500hrs in A320 before jumping in as a First officer..

Anybody or your friends have any past experiences with these TRTO's..?

Thanks for the reply everyone..but i am trying to get something productive from here..:)

I can understand your frustration,I will be flying Multi engine aircrafts till i reach around 1000hrs and training for another 500hrs in A320 before jumping in as a First officer..

Anybody or your friends have any past experiences with these TRTO's..?

Do it with Airbus in MIA.

Which country are you from? The students I trained that were from India and Saudi Arabia were in the same boat as you but didn't have to pay for the type, they got it for free... That said Pan Am in Miami is probably the cheapest, but I don't know which one is the best quality.

Good Luck.

Try to stay classy guys...Not that I think it's right, but this is very common outside of the US where there isn't much aviation other than military or airlines. Quite a few EU LCC's operate this way too (hiring people with very low time. Too low IMHO, but nothing I can do about a foreign country's hiring practices from my computer chair). About the buying a type rating thing (again, not that I think it's right), doesn't one of the most desired part 121 jobs in the US require you do your ow type rating?

This is a very common setup outside the US. The guy is asking a legitimate question about training here. Why are you guys acting like fools about someone who is seeking advice from this community?
Thank you very much..I am an Indian Citizen,:)

Any Instructors had any of their International students who did a TR on A320 in US..?

A lot of my classmates at ERAU that were from the Middle East were able to pretty much get typed and become employed back in their home countries with very little time.

Sent from my TRS-80

Can us US people do this too? ooooooooh shiiiinnny jetttts and epaulets....

Back