A totally honest question...

chunk75

I have heard a lot of rumblings about chapter 11 & paifa....any truth to it? Possible shutting down one of the campuses or something along those lines? Before you jump on me, I heard this from a totally disinterested third party.

Chunk

I hope you are kidding Turk, as I highly doubt Berkshire Hathaway is having any financial difficulties...nice try though...

[ QUOTE ]
That's new to me.
It's funny because I heard the same thing about FSI.
The Turk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I heard the same thing about about FSI, somewhere I heard that the academy was not bought by Berkshire Hathaway and has been split off from the rest of Flightsafety. Anways, I wouldn't normal post rumors like this, but chunk brought it up.

Hey, a bunch of people on some internet message board won't know if a company is going BK. It's not like they send out a memo to the peons. However, PanAm isn't acting like a company running out of money, and anyways, we are part of Simcom.

The parent company can be financially healthy, and still dump a poorly performing company that it owns. That goes for everybody.

The Turk.

[ QUOTE ]
The parent company can be financially healthy, and still dump a poorly performing company that it owns. That goes for everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I loved my experience at FSI and all, but wouldnt be the least bit surprised if B-H dumped 'em if they weren't turning a good profit.

I guess the difference is that we've been around the block a few times....a coupla decades, ya know. FSI has been in business for more than half of the history of manned flight.

Chunk

Hey Smoking Turkey where do you get your facts from? FlightSafety is actually not going under or even close. But if you want to continue thinking that go ahead! If it makes you sleep better at night hoping that you went to the right place.

Can anyone coherently give me a good reason to go to Pan Am over FlightSafety?

I also would like a good reason to choose Pan Am over Flight Safety. And how about Regional Airline Academy? Anybody know how that compares to Pan Am? I know it is a lot smaller. I want to start training this fall and need answers so please help if you can. Thanks.

Thanks for the personal attack moppetrey. I am surprised you couldn't see the sarcasm in my response to Chunk. The point was we all hear "rumors" about each others schools, so whats the point in listening to them? Got it now?

I dont see you yelling at Chunk for saying that about Pan Am.

And here is one really good reason to attend Pan Am over FSI: I'll be instructing this fall, and you guy's will still be working at Wallmart.

Don't get mad at me... I'm just defending myself against an unwarranted attack by moppetrey.

The Turk.

[ QUOTE ]
And here is one really good reason to attend Pan Am over FSI: I'll be instructing this fall, and you guy's will still be working at Wallmart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh really? I went to FSI, and when I finished, I walked right into a job. Granted, its not AT FSI, but I'm flying more than they are, and for sure I'm making more. So, allow me to suggest you take that statement and shove it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But Wal Mart has good stuff...especially the Super Wal Marts!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Smoking Turkey where do you get your facts from? FlightSafety is actually not going under or even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, some people just don't get it.

[ QUOTE ]
Granted, its not AT FSI, but I'm flying more than they are, and for sure I'm making more. So, allow me to suggest you take that statement and shove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey being a flight attendant doesn't count.
grin.gif

FSI going out of buisness...give me a break.
FSI was sold to BH but the orginal founder Al Ueltshi (who started the company in 1951) is still the CEO of FSI. He basically built FlightSafety from the ground up, I'm not talking only the academy. FSI's main business is professional simulator training.
After over 50+ years in the industry his current statements concerning the academy are "we are in it for the long term and remain focused on professional pilot training"

That said, Warren Buffett became one of the richest men in world by buying quality companies. Do you think he did his homework before buying FSI?

Comparing the financial backing of FSI to PAIFA is comparing apples to oranges. Sorry, but that's the reality of the situation. Not only the parent companies, but the individual schools. PAIFA has a WHOLE lotta a/c payments to make every month and they are a new school, they don't have accrued capital, only startup capital. FSI, for the most part has LONG SINCE been paid for.

Chunk

Haha, you guys are so in the dark. Everyone in aviation hears rumors like this everyday. The only reason people are bringing up the fact that FSI might be close to BK is to illistrate a point, rumors like this float around the time. However, since this one is about Pan Am it sent chunk running to his computer so he could add to his anti-PanAm rheteoric.

Back