A note to the new folks. This is a workplace.

Look at the airplane I fly. It's an unmitigated complete POS. Like you'd have to try to make something that is that big of a nightmare for everyone involved. The passengers, FAs, pilots, ground crew. It's horrible for all of us and we'll be flying that monstrosity long after I retire due to inaction and incompetence on the grandest scale imaginable.

the-office-michael-scott.gif

In the 350, everything is effectively an ILS approach (SLS, GLS, etc). The only question is if you can autoland or not.

Some places still haven’t taken LOC approaches out of their op specs. :-/

Our 330 is in this strange space where the MMRs can only support FLS or RNP-AR. Can't have both. Our 321s have FLS (it took me going in to SAN in the 330 to understand what everyone was complaining about), so it looks like that's what we'll be getting in the big Bus too.

Our 330 is in this strange space where the MMRs can only support FLS or RNP-AR. Can't have both. Our 321s have FLS (it took me going in to SAN in the 330 to understand what everyone was complaining about), so it looks like that's what we'll be getting in the big Bus too.

Do you have GLS autoland in your 330's?

Unless you’re one of the 346 people that they killed. Go away troll.

Oh another MAX hater.

Fact 1…. The night before the Lion Air, the same failure happened on the same tail # plane but competent pilots cut out stab trim switches and manually flew it to Jakarta. They flew and landed just fine.

Fact 2….. By March 2019, the entire world knew about MCAS and how to disable it. But you had button pushers, not aviators. And they couldn’t handle what was by then a known problem with several solutions (extend flaps back to 1, or use stab trim cutout switches).

Yes, Boeing screwed up with how they implemented MCAS and took it out of the books. It’s clear no one at Boeing envisioned that sort of failure mode. That said, MCAS had activated on several crews worldwide and they handled it just fine. It look Lion Air (banned from western nations) and Ethiopian to crash them.

This isn’t trolling. It’s simple observation of how the facts played out. Everyone forgets Lion Air happened the night before and flew just fine with capable pilots. The next day was the crash when the same problem unfolded. Ethiopian is just a sad and pathetic situation. Those two should have been able to recover.

We all know how @Cherokee_Cruiser operates. His airline flies them, so he loves them. If his airline didn’t, he’d be trashing them in every thread about them. Simple.

Eek. I was on the Bus when the MAX crashes happened. I don't think (?) I trashed the 737 or MAX back in those days? But I'd have to look it up.

I'm pretty sure I've said after doing 4.5 yrs in a CRJ-200 (and thinking that was actually a great first jet and liked it), I don't think I'd find too many reasons to punch down on the 737, regardless of whether my airline had them or not. Reality is unless you're one of the fancy cats flying an A220, the domestic workhorse fleets are the A320 or the B737 family. :)

ok so definitely not only targeted at the new guys.

Was in the crew lounge in dirt Florida (that’s for you Derg) talking with a pilot about battery saving techniques on the EFB. He mentioned he was a new hire and I congratulated and welcomed him. As we continued to talk I asked if many pilots from his class were bailing to greener pastures. Just then a pilot who looked to be approaching retirement loudly interjected with a “Where the ____ is he going to go? United where they’re woke as ___? Delta where he’d have to go live with those libs in New York city?!“ and then went on a verbal stream of consciousness on this topic for about 90 seconds.

It was silent for a minute. There weren’t many pilots in there thankfully, but everyone who was stopped and stared at him.

Finally I looked at him and said, “Knock it off. This isn’t the place for that. You don’t know him and you don’t know me, so I don’t see why you interrupted our conversation with an unhinged rant. Chiefs office is right next door if you want to explore it further though.”

He huffed and packed up his stuff and left. I‘ve never understood the phrase “okay boomer” until now.

Seriously people. This is a JOB. Do you honestly think you could get away with this kind of behavior if you worked in a cubicle in some office somewhere? Save it for whatever you do on your days off.

Was in the crew lounge in dirt Florida (that’s for you Derg) talking with a pilot about battery saving techniques on the EFB. He mentioned he was a new hire and I congratulated and welcomed him. As we continued to talk I asked if many pilots from his class were bailing to greener pastures. Just then a pilot who looked to be approaching retirement loudly interjected with a “Where the ____ is he going to go? United where they’re woke as ___? Delta where he’d have to go live with those libs in New York city?!“ and then went on a verbal stream of consciousness on this topic for about 90 seconds.

It was silent for a minute. There weren’t many pilots in there thankfully, but everyone who was stopped and stared at him.

Finally I looked at him and said, “Knock it off. This isn’t the place for that. You don’t know him and you don’t know me, so I don’t see why you interrupted our conversation with an unhinged rant. Chiefs office is right next door if you want to explore it further though.”

He huffed and packed up his stuff and left. I‘ve never understood the phrase “okay boomer” until now.

Seriously people. This is a JOB. Do you honestly think you could get away with this kind of behavior if you worked in a cubicle in some office somewhere? Save it for whatever you do on your days off.
Those types will call liberals “snowflakes” but then spend 90% of their day being angry about almost anything.

20E8DE8A-9CA5-481E-8C59-83F9BCA3035A.gif

I don't know if the masturbation motion has been cancelled or not yet, but GD if it isn't the most appropriate response for moments like that

The upper 50’s can be tough years. Whatever character flaws folks have will manifest because they’ve been hiding them all these years. Either people lose the ability and/or self-awareness to manage them, or they just don’t care any longer and stop trying.

I find it useful to be elsewhere when that poop grenade goes off, because it inevitably gets everywhere.

Last edited:

How loud was FoxNews playing? That may have gotten him a bit riled up.

Nailed it!

Working in a few different circles, you literally have no idea who is listening, who is changing an otherwise positive impression of you or that you're on the cusp of an actionable event.

"Dirt Florida" — I love it! Claim it as your own! :)
Be friendly, people like friendly people and great things happen when people like you.

Back