A "NORMAL" WEEK

C650CPT

A \"NORMAL\" WEEK

I've noticed that some readers like to know what flying full time is like and I have an ineteresting week coming up and thought I'd share it. While there is no standard to a "normal" week I consider my next weeks schedule to be a good week of flying.
First Mission flying C-650
Mon: Harrisburg, PA (MDT) to Detroit, MI (DET)and remain overnight (ron).
Tues: Detroit, MI (DET) to Burbank CA, (BUR) sit for a few hours and negotiate LA's airspace non stop to Santa Ana, CA (SNA) and ron.
Wed: Santa Ana (SNA) to Orlando, FL (ORL) and ron.
Thur: Orlando, FL (ORL) to Harrisburg, PA (MDT) end of mission.
Second Mission flying a C-12 (BE-200)
Fri: Military Flight: Muir Army Airfield, PA (MUI) to Providenciales in the Turks + Caicos (MBPV) and ron.
Sat: Providenciales (MBPV) to Guantanamo Bay Naval Air Station, Cuba (MUGM) to Davison Army Airfield in Washington DC. (DAA) on to Muir Army Airfield, PA (MUI) end of mission
Sun: Muir Army Airfield (MUI) to Atlanta, GA (ATL) back to Home station (MUI) and end of mission.

For what its worth, this week I only fly one day. MDT-PIT-PWK sit for about 6hrs. then reverse it home.

Re: A \"NORMAL\" WEEK

[ QUOTE ]
Sun: Muir Army Airfield (MUI) to Atlanta, GA (ATL) back to Home station (MUI) and end of mission.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was in \Hartsfield as well Sunday and saw a lot of Air Force pilots looming around near the bathroom in Terminal C. That wouldnt haver happened to be you guys would it?

Don't get shot flying into Detroit City. That place is a sh*t hole. A friend of mine once took a tour of the tower (long ago of course) and pointed at a hole in the glass asking one of the controllers what it was. He replied that it was a stray bullet that went through the cab. Thankfully no one got hurt.

I'm gonna be in Ann Arbor on Monday. If you were not at Detroit City I'd offer to take you out to lunch, but you are not going to find me driving ANYWHERE near city.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

C650CPT,
Can I have your job??? Please????
grin.gif

Oweee, my mistake in the last post. You havent flown that line yet. I did however see lots of Air Force pilots out there (about 35 or so), was quite a show.

Didn't think we had any "normal" weeks in corporate. At least in my job we don't. What follows is a "busier than average" week at my job ... this one occurred last fall:

Monday/Tuesday: OFF
Wednesday: Show 0500, Fly RWI-TEB, sit 6 hours, fly TEB-MRH, off duty 1730, overnight.
Thursday: Show 0730, fly MRH-INT, sit 5 hours, fly INT-MRH, drop passengers, reposition MRH-TEB, pick up pax, fly TEB-RWI, drop passengers, fly RWI-BDL, off duty 2230, overnight.
Friday: Show 0700, fly BDL-RWI, sit 5 hours (in base), fly RWI-FRG, drop passengers, reposition FRG-RWI, off duty 2030.
Saturday: OFF
Sunday: Show 1600, Fly RWI-RDU-MRH-RWI, off duty 2200.

Airports are:
RWI = Rocky Mount, NC
TEB = Teterboro, NJ
MRH = Beaufort, NC
INT = Winston-Salem, NC
BDL = Windsor Locks, CT (Hartford/Springfield)
FRG = Farmingdale, NY
RDU = Raleigh/Durham, NC

I would have to guess by his flight assignments, he is corporate.
Most of his legs are out and backs, with 5-6 hours "waiting" for the return flight. Also, he only had one day off prior to resuming flight duty.

Fractionals rarely do out and backs. It's also rare that we wait 5+ hours at an FBO then fly out. We do, occasionally, wait a few hours "after" the last flight, if duty time allows, in case of "pop-ups."

But, I could be wrong. There truely is "no such thing as normal."
grin.gif

NJA, you're right ... I am corporate. One airplane, two pilots, strictly Part 91. Our flying is "feast or famine" ... we'll have weeks like the foregoing, then we'll go two weeks between trips. Our flying is also seasonal according to our company's business cycle.

FL270

We have a runc oming up over to Scotland, sit 6 days, back - week off then to London, overnight, Milan, overnight, and back. It's rough bein' me but someone has to do it!
cool.gif

270 - anybody hiring pilots down that direction? I've love to come back to NC.

Jason

I fly corporate with my mom in the right seat of a citation and a Navajo and here's what our schedule looks like:

Mon: KOXB-KMTN-KOXB
Tues:KOXB-KMTN-KOXB
Wed:KOXB-KMTN-KOXB
Thurs:KOXB-KMTN-KOXB
Fri:KOXB-KPDK-KOXB

We basically do the same trips in the Navajo every day. Might sound boring but I'm only 14 so I love it.

Jason ...

I haven't heard of any hiring around here but I don't pretend to know the picture for the whole state. Our department is fully staffed for the time being.

Now if I had my way, I'd be in Texas ... but the job's got me here for now. Unless anyone else knows of an opening somewhere ...

FL270

The variety you mention is the stuff I look forward to. I must admit my favorite job so far has had me working all over the place in different areas of my field. Never knowing where I will be can make relatively drab places like Fargo, ND seem fun.

NOt exactly. I work through a nursing agency and am placed at various locations throughout the Greater Columbus area. I suppose I could travel. However, I am stuck here in Columbus til after I graduate. 200? can't come soon enough.

HA! My instructor (should say "FORMER" instructor) is headed up to Columbus this weekend to start with AirNet. He's an OSU grad too.

I've been to Columbus and... well..... Cleveland sure sounded interesting.
wink.gif

Hey now! I liked Columbus.

Small college town atmosphere but it's not a 20,000 population hole in the wall.

They have an NHL team (ok you can stop laughing now).

I dunno I just kinda like the town.

columbus is bizzare. It seems to be the US government's "where do we put the war torn refugees town". We have alot of African refugees here. It is kind of funny. We don't quite have barrios. We have niches of everybody all over town. You can be on one block and 3 houses are dumps. go on the other side of the street and the houses are well kept. Columbus has more fast food than anywhere else i have ever been. (I have seen the majority of our country) Every other corner is guaranteed to have a fast food joint on it. Sometimes all the major ones will be on the same corner.

Back