A Heavy Loss for Our Community, a Heavier Loss for USMCMech and Family

I've been sitting for days trying to think of what to say. Still blank. You're in my prayers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It's been just over a month since my whole world was flipped upside down. I know that so many of you have offered words of support that I will never be able to thank you properly. I want to thank all of you particularly for the donations to the gofundme page that @Derg set up. It may seem like the most insignificant gesture of sympathy to click on a website and donate 20 bucks, but that money has been a serious help to our family. Most of the household bills came out of Sarah's business account and that account was frozen once the bank learned of her death. Thanks to your (and others) generosity we have been able to pay all the critical bills until the life insurance claim gets processed and the will goes through probate.

I wanted to get my thoughts and memories down in a way that I could keep for the future, and in a way I could share so I don't have to retell the same sad story 5000 times. Facebook is good, but isn't really suited to what I had in mind I remembered when Ben Hill died several years ago, and we read his wife's blog to keep up with how she was doing. So I decided to do something similar for myself. I had made the remark that I would be flying solo from here on, so that's what I decided to call it. I'll try to keep updating it with updates of what me and the kids are up to.

http://flyingsolo17.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the updates. I just read through your blog -- I can't imagine the loss you are suffering and the new life you're learning to navigate. A wise man once taught me that your friends aren't any good unless you use them. Whatever use I may be of to you, I offer it. Please ask if there's something any of us here may do to help, now or in the future.

Rob

Just checking in to see how you and the babies are doing/coping. Hopefully each week, a bit more healing takes place. Stay focused the best you can and just keep putting one foot in front of the next. My wife and I read your blog and I think it's not only very cathartic for you, but it's something for your children to have, look back on and treasure. We cried reading your last entry. Take care, Gerry

Last edited:
I can’t figure out how this never showed in my feed until today. Scott I am so very sorry to hear about your beloved wife. I hope you and your family are finding peace.

I'm late to the thread too Mech, only because, like others, I have no words that can mean anything to you. I'm sorry brother, and you are in our prayers.

:( Like others, I am only just seeing this. I hope you and your kids are fairing okay as time passes.

Scott,

My deepest condolences to you and your family. I'm not on the site often like I was once upon a time; and I just saw the most unfortunate news. I haven't met many from here in person, but I still remember meeting up with you and your wife for lunch in San Antonio back in early 2005 when Uncle Sam sent me to Brooks AFB for an evaluation. I don't remember exactly what we talked about, but I remember that I enjoyed the meal and most assuredly enjoyed the company. I'm so sorry to hear this happened and wish you, the kids, and your extended family all of the strength in the world as you do your best to press on with the future.

I've been off for a while, so I'm now seeing this. I'm terribly sorry for the loss, sir. I pray strength and comfort for you and your family. I contributed on the gofundme page.

Late to the Thread but am terribly sorry for your loss. Losing one's best friend is a very hard thing.

Back