A day in the life of a Key Lime Pilot...

Wow seems like I smoked out the softies. I just find it interesting that they’re so proud to fly such spartan aircraft. Personally I’d just do my job and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things change over time, the way things are now aren’t always the way they have been, that’s all.

Signed, Softie.

Why would one be so proud to fly a Metroliner single pilot IFR with no autopilot? Is this a “Western” thing? I believe other carriers have the same non-autopilot setup (Amerifright...).

Most pilots are proud of whatever they fly, whether it’s reassembled with duct tape and bailing wire from the KL Metroliner junkyard scattered all over the KAPA ramp, or top of the line from, well... whoever makes those these days.

KL recently bought a couple of ancient RJs. LOL. The local aviation photo group thinks they’re pretty in their livery. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know you can turn that signature ad off in the settings, right? :)

I should take some photos of the Metroliner junkyard. The carcasses missing parts are all parked near my hangar. Most don’t have engines or flight control surfaces anymore.

It’s going to take a crane and a really big dumpster and some kind of metal
grinder to dispose of them all. They’re not flying out under their own power.

Never saw the lime green Metros, they look pretty cool. I had some fun memories flying that thing around North America and managed to scare myself a few times without totally crapping my pants. It was a good experience, but something I would never want to do again.

I do miss the freight dog beard though.
1625706_10152333436357932_822333090_n.jpg

This is an interesting video... Key Lime has always had a bad rap, but I admire this guy’s enthusiasm and he seems to do a decent job of explaining what it’s like to work there:

Puts on clean clothes without showering....yeah...he's a freight dog.

Back