A day in the life of a Key Lime Pilot...

Freight dawgs be Freight dawgs. I once wore white socks to an interview after I didn't notice until the last minute I forgot my dress socks. I stood up and looked how low my pant legs went and decided you couldn't see my socks. Interview was for a small time Convair operator. I got the job. Six months later the gal that interviewed me said she noticed the socks and thought I'd be a good addition to the pilot group.

Why is that dude talking about single pilot IFR when he’s clearly sitting in the right seat as an FO?
Pretty simple actually. FO’s train in the right seat until upgrading to a Captain in the left. It is a single pilot operation, unless training is being conducted. Plus I was filming, not flying.

Why would one be so proud to fly a Metroliner single pilot IFR with no autopilot? Is this a “Western” thing? I believe other carriers have the same non-autopilot setup (Amerifright...).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would one be so proud to fly a Metroliner single pilot IFR with no autopilot? Is this a “Western” thing? I believe other carriers have the same non-autopilot setup (Amerifright...).

Because it's challenging work?

You’ll be surprised how few pilots can actually hand fly an ILS Raw data to 1800 RVR these days. Those people who think they are the best pilots who rely on automation would had to have gone missed several times/divert if they had to hand fly it raw data.

You’ll be surprised how few pilots can actually hand fly an ILS Raw data to 1800 RVR these days. Those people who think they are the best pilots who rely on automation would had to have gone missed several times/divert if they had to hand fly it raw data.

It's wild... but I actually really like flying operationally complicated and minimally automated airplanes.

I don't miss the pay or the schedule, but if I could make 6-figures to fly a mutli-engine turboprop around flying freight I'd be interested - even without an autopilot, hell, especially without an autopilot.

Do you know what "flow" is? Flying single pilot IFR by hand makes me enter flow.

It's wild... but I actually really like flying operationally complicated and minimally automated airplanes.

I don't miss the pay or the schedule, but if I could make 6-figures to fly a mutli-engine turboprop around flying freight I'd be interested - even without an autopilot, hell, especially without an autopilot.

Do you know what "flow" is? Flying single pilot IFR by hand makes me enter flow.
American Flow, or United?

Wow seems like I smoked out the softies. I just find it interesting that they’re so proud to fly such spartan aircraft. Personally I’d just do my job and move on.

“these days”? You talking about the old kick ass days of all the crashes?

Back