757/767-200/300

Q400 is pretty damn easy...start select switch to appropriate engine, MASH start button, move condition lever to Start/Feather, magic things happen, and 20 seconds later = hamsters running at full speed, let's go commit some aviation!

Q400 is pretty damn easy...start select switch to appropriate engine, MASH start button, move condition lever to Start/Feather, magic things happen, and 20 seconds later = hamsters running at full speed, let's go commit some aviation!
We actually have to pay some attention. But that's Captain stuff. My role is to mumble "Oil pressure" and "ignition light out" at the appropriate times.

(It's basically the same except there's no magic involved.)

And didn't we talk about buttons already?

Jumbo jungle jet:
1: Start/stop selector: start then spring loaded to run.
2: Continue talk about:
A) union
B) the new FA
C) how crew scheduling sucks.

Nothing is more of a pain in the ass to start than the DC9!

Ever started a Saab? You need to limber up to strike the monkey pose just to reach the switch and condition lever at the same time.

We actually have to pay some attention. But that's Captain stuff. My role is to mumble "Oil pressure" and "ignition light out" at the appropriate times.

(It's basically the same except there's no magic involved.)

And didn't we talk about buttons already?

Don't forget recording whatever numbers the Captain makes up then off to the switch flipping races just for the flow(s).

But yeah, I prefer GE's over Pratts in the 744. Pratts just take way too long to start (but Alchemy, aren't we paid by the minute1!!1!?) and there's no autostart on them, which is just annoying. I don't want to have to pay attention to gauges and stuff during engine start! :sarcasm:
I seem to hear a lot of complaining about those Pratts. Well, those planes in general. One guy the other day had a hell of a time getting them started. He had one or two up to about 60%. I am sure PenAir and Everts appreciated that. ;)

True, and to be honest, the 757 is absolute crap to ride around in the back of for a long flight. It sucks up in the cockpit for anything more than 6 or so hours, too.
One of my most uncomfortable flights ever was on on an AA 757 on a measly 2 hour flight from SJU-MIA (I'v done plenty of long hauls too). I couldn't imagine sitting in one of those for any more than 3or so hours.

One of my most uncomfortable flights ever was on on an AA 757 on a measly 2 hour flight from SJU-MIA (I'v done plenty of long hauls too). I couldn't imagine sitting in one of those for any more than 3or so hours.

Longest in a 757 for me was Shannon, Ireland to NAS Norfolk.

Back