757/767-200/300

I'll ride in the back of an Airbus transcon no problem. The 321 is every bit as comfortable as a 757 and MUCH more comfortable than a 737-900. As a pilot, no question, give me a 75/76 over any of the others.

I'll ride in the back of an Airbus transcon no problem. The 321 is every bit as comfortable as a 757 and MUCH more comfortable than a 737-900. As a pilot, no question, give me a 75/76 over any of the others.

LIKE LIKE LIKE

As a pilot trying to get home, I'll take a Delta A320 over a B767-300... spoken from a guy who stood at the gate watching 261 passengers and the 1 (and only) jumpseater push back. Nothing beats having two jumpseats in the flight deck! Unless, of course, a second Delta pilot shows up!

As a pilot trying to get home, I'll take a Delta A320 over a B767-300... spoken from a guy who stood at the gate watching 261 passengers and the 1 (and only) jumpseater push back. Nothing beats having two jumpseats in the flight deck! Unless, of course, a second Delta pilot shows up!

I guess the non-ERs don't have two jumspeats? The ERs I fly all have two up front, and the jumpseat behind the center pedestal is plenty comfortable.

I guess the non-ERs don't have two jumspeats? The ERs I fly all have two up front, and the jumpseat behind the center pedestal is plenty comfortable.

Correct. The domestic 757 & 767 have one jumpseat. The ER versions of both have two.

I worked a LOT of transcons on 767s and some 757s between JFK and SAN/LGB/LAX/SFO and they were usually quite full. Every once in a while there would be a row in the way back unoccupied, but for the most part those 767s were not empty.

The 737-900 would be fine for trans cons. The problem is how the airline does the seating. This is a time where airlines can only make profits by squeezing in as many seats as possible. If a new 757 were to be made I would expect the same discomfort level as the 737.

The 737-900 would be fine for trans cons. The problem is how the airline does the seating. This is a time where airlines can only make profits by squeezing in as many seats as possible. If a new 757 were to be made I would expect the same discomfort level as the 737.

True, and to be honest, the 757 is absolute crap to ride around in the back of for a long flight. It sucks up in the cockpit for anything more than 6 or so hours, too.

As Cptnchia said, at DL the 757-200's/300's have 1 seat...aka, the Eagle's Nest. The former TWA birds have two in them.

767-300 domestic has one, and the ER's two...ER's on ATL - SEA/PDX are awesome. Would be better once they get wifi on them ;)

777 though has the best jumpseat I've been on (and the best crew rest for sleeping on those domestic legs)

Btw, has anyone else noticed that when you set takeoff thrust on the DL 757's, it smells like Teddy Graham's?

757s have Pratts. 767s have either Pratts or GE.

sortofwant.jpg

Those Rolls really sing, though; you guys are missing out!

I can't see over the Captain's shoulder right now to see the yoke clip, but it's the PW2037's, correct? Roughly 43,000lbs of thrust?
yep. Way to tell on the 767 is look for an EPR gauge. No EPR, no Pratt. If PW made lawnmower engines they'd put an EPR gauge on it.

RB211's better than Pratts?

Dunno if they're *better* in any way (never flown the Pratt jets), but the Rolls have a great sound to them. Also, any engine with an N3 spool and a "RICH" setting for the fuel control is automatically my favorite. :)

Back