4 Years Into the Future

Asmir Hamidovic

Hi all

I got a question for all of you on here.

What do you guys think we should expect in about 4 years in the Airline Business?? How will the fuel costs be?? And will there be a need for pilots??

Please everybody give me your opinion!!

The reason i am asking i because i will be finishing my school than and will be ready to look for a Airline Pilot job.

Anyone that claims to know an answer to that question is BSing you.
There will always be pilot jobs out there. How easy you'll be able to get one and the hours required are the issue. Get your degree and have fun learning to fly. This industry could and very well might go through several cycles by the time you are really on the market for a job. Don't take shortcuts. Try to boost your resume and your contact list, it'll make it a lot easier then those who try to take a short route. Be an active member of this and other websites, read more then you type and listen more then you talk.

RJs suck.
Never drink beer out of a green bottle.

Honestly, if I could accurately predict that, I'd be able to quit my job and make more money playing the lottery.

About the only thing that's certain is it will be different than it is now. Good different or bad different, who knows.

Anyone that claims to know an answer to that question is BSing you.
There will always be pilot jobs out there. How easy you'll be able to get one and the hours required are the issue. Get your degree and have fun learning to fly. This industry could and very well might go through several cycles by the time you are really on the market for a job. Don't take shortcuts. Try to boost your resume and your contact list, it'll make it a lot easier then those who try to take a short route. Be an active member of this and other websites, read more then you type and listen more then you talk.

RJs suck.
Never drink beer out of a green bottle.

Well sir i was just asking for the opinion not a fortune teller with all due respect. I do not talk alot i mostly read what others talk bout( stuff that interest me =aviation) I know a couple of people who will be able to help me when i start looking for a job and honestly i can count on them. I mean look at all the pilots and other people in the aviation world losing thir jobs i m just scared that there wont be a demand for pilots in the future.

Rjs do not suck sir, they happen to be very nice aircraft in my point of view. I mean look at the people flying these small props their whole life, Rjs would be a dream come true for some of them.

And no i do not drink if you were referring to me.

Thank You

Well sir i was just asking for the opinion not a fortune teller with all due respect. I do not talk alot i mostly read what others talk bout( stuff that interest me =aviation) I know a couple of people who will be able to help me when i start looking for a job and honestly i can count on them.

Rjs do not suck sir, they happen to be very nice aircraft in my point of view. I mean look at the people flying these small props their whole life, Rjs would be a dream come true for some of them.

Thank You

:panic::banghead:

I mean look at the people flying these small props

Hey, I take that personally...;):p:D :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

I am still new to this profession. Here is the advice I got from my old flight instructor. It works great.

"Aviation Future is next 30 seconds. Aviation long term planning is next 2 hours." :D

cue creepy "In the Year Two Thousand..." voice
The sky will have fallen, Bernoulli will be dug up and tried as a heretic and everyone who once upon a time was a pilot will be relegated to asking if you "want fries with that."
No one really knows what the next four years will bring, I wouldn't be terribly concerned with where you might be as opposed to where you could be. Get your degree and have a stupid amount of fun in the process. Learn to fly and work hard at it but remember flying is always supposed to be fun also. If you put in the effort you can make it happen and never, ever, let anyone else tell you differently no matter what they fly or who they work for. Set yourself up to be as marketable as you can be and the rest will fall into place, you just have to play the game. Always have a backup plan though just in case flying doesn't work out for you. Get a degree in Economics or Geology or something so that all your eggs aren't in one basket.

And for god sakes, drink some beer.

cue creepy "In the Year Two Thousand..." voice
The sky will have fallen, Bernoulli will be dug up and tried as a heretic and everyone who once upon a time was a pilot will be relegated to asking if you "want fries with that."

I'd sooner sell myself on the street than work at a burger joint.

Taco Bueno on the other hand......

And for god sakes, drink some beer.

Man up and make it a Shiner Bock.

In 4 years all the apple sauce will be free. Everyone will be lost in the sauce again.

I do find it hard to believe that in four years after school you will be looking for an airline job. Cross every one of your fingers for that wish and I cross mine for you too; anything is possible if you know the right people I imagine.

Good luck...Gotta go sell myself on the street and drink a beer out of a green bottle to check if my insides are glowing in the dark yet. If they are I must return to Monkey Salad Island and sip on a salty Rita. :buck:

Heck, if you told all the guys getting hired at 300-600 hours last year that a high percentage of them would be on the street in a year's time, they would laugh at you. Guess what happened?

In my VERY short time of being in this career professionally, I've seen it go from moderate to slow hiring, to fast hiring, to OMG you have a pulse and a commercial! hiring to a screeching, bloody halt. That's just been in 3 years. There's no accurate way to know what's going to happen in the next 4 years. Best thing is plan for the worst and hope for the best.

I think the trend will be VLJs. I think that anyone that gets into this market will have a great future. VLJs will need a mass number of cfi's as well as pilots that will fly the owner to his or her destination. VLJs will be the most affordable transportation for the businessman company or woman. Also VLJ commuter service will be very big as well just shuttling people in a 300 to 600 mile range. Within less of a decade this trend will be the new aviation boom.

Well sir i was just asking for the opinion not a fortune teller with all due respect. I do not talk alot i mostly read what others talk bout( stuff that interest me =aviation) I know a couple of people who will be able to help me when i start looking for a job and honestly i can count on them. I mean look at all the pilots and other people in the aviation world losing thir jobs i m just scared that there wont be a demand for pilots in the future.

Thank You

That seems a bit harsh... That sounded like pretty good advise.

A pure guess, I think four years down the road would be a good time to start. If nothing else, the age 65 guys would be retiring creating some movement...

Oh, and I think RJs suck. They are business jet made into a crappy airliner. In addition, they have reduce many career expectations... So, yes I think they suck. Edit: maybe that is a bit harsh, too. I just think that RJs haven't been a positive for the industry or pilot groups.

I think the trend will be VLJs. I think that anyone that gets into this market will have a great future. VLJs will need a mass number of cfi's as well as pilots that will fly the owner to his or her destination. VLJs will be the most affordable transportation for the businessman company or woman. Also VLJ commuter service will be very big as well just shuttling people in a 300 to 600 mile range. Within less of a decade this trend will be the new aviation boom.

That's what you'd think but look at Dayjet they're having problems. I think Netjets and Flexjet have this market covered. Better to own a fraction of an airplane and be able to go anywhere than to have a stake on a VLJ that can only fly one hour routes. We'll see it's going to be interesting to see how jetsuite does when they start ops next year, it's a LCC Fractional for rich folks if you will.....

Thank You
No,

Thank you.

One thing, and one thing alone, will kill the VLJ movement: insurance. I wouldn't even consider it four minutes from now.

:yup:miikecweb ...:laff:, I think I will get into that side of the aviation industry. Career change for me, "aviation fortune teller", I got the voodoo in me! I no longer have to sell myself on the streets! I can sell my fortune to people all over the world of aviation.

No,
Thank both of you guys!

Asmar send your first easy installment* of $19.95 and drink a Miller "Chill". Soooowhat if it comes in a green bottle! Nothing wrong with flying the props watch how you use your words! I like flying props and that is my opinion. Flying RJ my whole life would not be a dream come true for me. So on that note, I mean, look at this kid asking for advise and after you give him advice he turns around and puts his foot in your mouth. With all due respect Asmar, you do need to read much more, grow much more, smell the flowers, and talk much less. Most importantly...Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Just walk away if you have nothing good to say. That was great advise to someone just stepping into the aviation world and you might as well scratch him off your contact list.

*all other installments are subject to change and must be sent in a stainless steel safe no smaller than 3'X4 31/32'X3 10/11' and no larger than 3 6/7'X 4 15/16'X 3 5/6'. Safe must be a Fedex over night shipment.

:rolleyes:...Yes, I have too much time on my hands these days.

Most of the Vietnam era guys will have run out their extra 5 years from the age 65 retirement change. The floodgates will open my friend!! Oh yea, and Southwest and MEGA DELTA will be the only two airlines to survive.
Really, no one can tell what will happen in 4 years. Hell, I started ATP in late November of last year when everyone was hiring all available pilots. Flash to now...no one is hiring and I’m loving teaching in 172’s while working toward my Glider add-on ratings.
Dig in, get your CFI ratings and ‘start enjoying the ride’. If you do that, all else just seems to fall into place!

Thank You

OMG!! another eastern european troll :panic:

Back