3 families suing Boeing over Asiana 214 crash

grkero

fer yer health
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/09/5636742/suit-blames-boeing-for-san-francisco.html

SAN FRANCISCO -- Three San Francisco Bay Area families are suing Boeing over the deadly crash of Asiana Airlines Flight 214.
The San Jose Mercury News (http://bit.ly/1chTEoo ) says the suits filed Thursday allege that the maker of the Boeing 777 provided inadequate training to pilots in South Korea.
However, it doesn't make clear whether Boeing trained the pilots of Flight 214, which crashed last month while landing at San Francisco International Airport, killing three teenagers.
A crash survivor is among those suing.
The families also claim that Boeing should have added a "low airspeed" voice warning for pilots to the 777 following a similar crash of a Boeing 737 in Amsterdam four years ago.
The Mercury News says Boeing couldn't be reached for comment.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/09/5636742/suit-blames-boeing-for-san-francisco.html#storylink=cpy

Click the Mercury News link for the longer read. So Boeing is bad at training (???) and they need to add more audible warnings... thanks lawyers, for saving the day.

How is any of this Boeing's fault? Considering how long these airplanes have been flying with only one real mechanical incident, Id say Boeing should get an award for durability and reliability which are components that will only work as long as the crew flying the airplane is competent.

Wait for it........

They'll sue Oshkosh, the maker of the ARFF trucks and the SFFD for accidentally running over a passenger, too.

Actually, sitting here thinking about it, I too, am thinking of suing Boeing because they don't make the 727 anymore! Anyone else willing to jump aboard this legal firestorm, I'm about to create, with me?

;)

Faulty assumption. Lawsuits are not about fault and punishment, they are about profit.

I'm sure one of these lawyers needs money for a new air conditioning for his Bonanza. Not to mention, he already has a "low airspeed" voice warning in his A36.

Boeing has deep pockets. If I were one of the attorneys, I'd be going after them too.

FTA said:
"You cannot simply write this off as pilots who came in too low and too slow," said Burlingame attorney Frank Pitre, who filed three separate lawsuits against Asiana and Boeing in U.S. District Court in San Francisco late Thursday. "There's more to it. You cannot excuse Boeing."

Wait... what? I really do think that you can write off Boeing. The investigation is obviously far from over, but there is a very, very real chance that Boeing had very little to do with this incident, other than it being one of the safest aircraft to have ever been built.

What a messed up system we have. Chance are, if this ridiculous suit was actually successful, the winners would get 25% of the judgment and the lawyers walk away with the rest.

Relax guys - suing someone isn't the same as successfully suing someone.

The Lawsuit Against Boeing In The Mandala Airlines Crash Fails In The Court Of First Instance

http://en.hukumonline.com/pages/lt4...es-crash-fails-in-the-court-of-first-instance

The plaintiffs had also already received compensation for the accident, ranging from IDR 33 million to IDR 300 million (USD 3.6 thousand to USD 33 thousand), depending on the severity of the injuries sustained in the crash. The plaintiffs had signed release agreements, which discharged the defendants from further liability, due to the plaintiffs surrendering their right to pursue further legal claims relating to the crash in exchange for receiving the compensation payments.
The court has held these release agreements to be binding and enforceable

The plaintiffs had also already received compensation for the accident, ranging from IDR 33 million to IDR 300 million (USD 3.6 thousand to USD 33 thousand), depending on the severity of the injuries sustained in the crash. The plaintiffs had signed release agreements, which discharged the defendants from further liability, due to the plaintiffs surrendering their right to pursue further legal claims relating to the crash in exchange for receiving the compensation payments.
The court has held these release agreements to be binding and enforceable

Huh. Wonder if this was from Boeing or if the airline release of liability included them. Still, $3,600k to $33k is probably less than what Boeing spent on jskibo 's office plants :)

I'm pretty sure everyone and their mother gets sued after an aviation crash regardless of any wrong doing. Gotta get those lawsuits going before it is too late.

I see nothing wrong with this. Boeing is fair game. If it even comes to trial, let them prove that the 777 is safe, training was adequate, an audible warning isn't necessary, etc.

It seems corporate America has successfully trained us to vilify trial lawyers and instantly label most liability lawsuits as frivolous without ever needing to hear the facts of the cases. The game is already rigged against the average citizen in the executive and legislative branches. The judicial system is where the average citizen has at least a fighting chance.

Lawyers are all horrible people who do terrible, nasty, dirty, rotten things to everything holy.

This is why pilots constantly talk about how they should have gone to law school instead of becoming pilots, because being a lawyer is a wonderful career of doing terrible, nasty, dirty rotten things to everything holy and they want to get in on the action!

Back