3,500TT ATP, seeking Sunday through Friday SIC work

Fly4Min

Hi All,
Looking for contract SIC work preferably in the northern Indiana and/or southern Michigan areas.

I'm a Seventh-day Adventist Christian, might you know of a Jewish business owner seeking an SIC for a jet or KA/light twin/single turbine/piston.
Willing to fly Saturday nights through Fridays an hour before sunset. Or perhaps for someone who doesn't need weekend flying?

Also willing to airline to a location elsewhere in the US.

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,
Looking for contract SIC work preferably in the northern Indiana and/or southern Michigan areas.

I'm a Seventh-day Adventist Christian, might you know of a Jewish business owner seeking an SIC for a jet or KA/light twin/single turbine/piston.
Willing to fly Saturday nights through Fridays an hour before sunset. Or perhaps for someone who doesn't need weekend flying?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure if you'd be looking for a full-time gig, but Air Cargo Carriers has some routes based in northern Indiana and with them flying cargo I believe it's a monday through friday mornings.

Careers - Air Cargo Carriers | Cargo Pilot Jobs, A&P Mechanics and More!

I assume you meant Sunday and not "Saturday".

Why only SIC? Are you willing to relocate?

Doesn't you religion allow you to work on the holy day if you're helping other people, or something along those lines? If so, look into an air ambulance job. I heard of a 7th day Adventist doing this as a way to get around the rules. Otherwise, perhaps you should look into a non-aviation job.

Thanks for asking - I mean I'm willing to fly from a Saturday evening through to the following Friday if that is needed. Or sunday through Friday - willing and eager to work.

I'd be willing to be PIC, but don't hold any type ratings and not trained on any turbines/jets. But if someone wants to train me I'd be grateful. Unfortunately I can't relocate.

Doesn't you religion allow you to work on the holy day if you're helping other people, or something along those lines? If so, look into an air ambulance job. I heard of a 7th day Adventist doing this as a way to get around the rules. Otherwise, perhaps you should look into a non-aviation job.

Thanks for asking - yes I could do air ambulance, though I've heard some horror stories about pilot's being pushed despite Wx, but recently spoken to an ambulance pilot who said it's not like that any more. I'm interested in that somewhat. I'm kind of in a small town area so probably will have to airline weekly or every 2 weeks.
I do know of other Seventh-day Adventists who fly for companies on only weekday, but understand that is less common.

To the best of my knowledge, Seventh-day Adventists observe the Sabbath from sunset on Friday to sunset on Saturday. This is the Seventh day, based on Jewish and traditional Christian calenders. They are also Creationists who believe in the 'Second Coming' although after considerable disappointment are unwilling to state another date.

Hi All,

Thanks in advance!

I worked with a guy flying medevac who was 7DA - he justified the flying to himself on Saturday because he could still go to church if he didn’t get called and if he did get called he was going to help people out.

Not exactly what you’re looking for, but maybe a good compromise?

Seventh Day Adventist. I was born into that. Luckily I escaped at the age of 18!

To the best of my knowledge, Seventh-day Adventists observe the Sabbath from sunset on Friday to sunset on Saturday. This is the Seventh day, based on Jewish and traditional Christian calenders. They are also Creationists who believe in the 'Second Coming' although after considerable disappointment are unwilling to state another date.

They even have a prophetess, Ellen G. White. But like every other religion also believe that they're the one TRUE remnant church. And that their version of Christianity is the only right one.

o_O

At Mormon Air Methods? I never saw any there, but I flew the islands not the rez.

Yes. Pilot fishing was common too. Especially when management got involved. The 560lb patient was my favourite, but the time I was eating dinner with another pilot, having him reject a flight for weather, and both of us turning to watch my phone, knowing it would ring 30 seconds later, is up there. The buyout was a great thing for those folks.

Yes. Pilot fishing was common too. Especially when management got involved. The 560lb patient was my favourite, but the time I was eating dinner with another pilot, having him reject a flight for weather, and both of us turning to watch my phone, knowing it would ring 30 seconds later, is up there. The buyout was a great thing for those folks.

Never had anything remotely similar happen, but we had our own dispatch in the islands.

Pilot shopping still happened at Air Evac when I was at Methods. But not at Methods. I know because the rotor guys would turn down a flight and of course predictably my batphone would go off 15 seconds later. And when I got to wherever, the ground paramedics would have the kid packaged for a rotor flight because their buddy Bob had phoned them to let them know he'd be over shortly. Again, though, I think this stuff is history, now. Too many woopsies.

Never had anything remotely similar happen, but we had our own dispatch in the islands.

I think you had a different Chief Pilot too. We had a decent one when I started, but his replacement was much more concerned with his Temple Worthiness and future with the company (Which were essentially the same thing), then following regs. He had no future after the buyout.

Back