3,500TT ATP, seeking Sunday through Friday SIC work

Pilot shopping still happened at Air Evac when I was at Methods. But not at Methods. I know because the rotor guys would turn down a flight and of course predictably my batphone would go off 15 seconds later. And when I got to wherever, the ground paramedics would have the kid packaged for a rotor flight because their buddy Bob had phoned them to let them know he'd be over shortly. Again, though, I think this stuff is history, now. Too many woopsies.

You were once helicopter scum?

Up here in Northwest Seattle/Western BC (because geographically and culturally we’re not really Alaska) some pilot shopping still happens, but that’s a consequence of having an insane abundance of lift in a small geographic area. Tbh mostly what it means is that (non-CAMTS) Mormon Methods will leave part 91 to go check it out, and surprise surprise find a way through it.

Up here in Northwest Seattle/Western BC (because geographically and culturally we’re not really Alaska) some pilot shopping still happens, but that’s a consequence of having an insane abundance of lift in a small geographic area. Tbh mostly what it means is that (non-CAMTS) Mormon Methods will leave part 91 to go check it out, and surprise surprise find a way through it.

Greater Cascadia is what I like to call it - it extends most of the way to Anchorage (stops in Cordova, with holdout pockets in S Anchorage, Alyeska, and Seward).

With regard to pilot shopping, I don't really have a problem with it when the guy who has lived and flown in an area for 25 years will go someplace I won't. It never happened in Hawaii, but I don't really have a problem with it if it's for the right reasons. Minimums are minimums and if it's below those, call the flight off, but local knowledge does matter. A guy might know a "better" way to get someplace than I do, or a smoother path, or even (imagine) a safer way to get someplace.

What does annoy me is when I can see that it's perfectly reasonable to go on a particular flight, and there's no legal or safety reason not to go, and guys who are medevac guys will do everything they can not to go because they've got other stuff going on, or whatever. I get it - I don't want to go 100% of the time, but jesus, at least with medevac what I was doing was actually helping people.

Hi All,
Looking for contract SIC work preferably in the northern Indiana and/or southern Michigan areas.

I'm a Seventh-day Adventist Christian, might you know of a Jewish business owner seeking an SIC for a jet or KA/light twin/single turbine/piston.
Willing to fly Saturday nights through Fridays an hour before sunset. Or perhaps for someone who doesn't need weekend flying?

Also willing to airline to a location elsewhere in the US.

Thanks in advance!

What are your flight times? I know of at least one M-F corporate shuttle, which sounds like what you're looking for.

To the best of my knowledge, Seventh-day Adventists observe the Sabbath from sunset on Friday to sunset on Saturday. This is the Seventh day, based on Jewish and traditional Christian calenders. They are also Creationists who believe in the 'Second Coming' although after considerable disappointment are unwilling to state another date.
Hi NickH, Yes, you're absolutely right. Yeah, no more date setting in general because of, among other things, what's know as "The Great Disappointment."
Sorry, I hadn't "refound" this string until today, haha. Glad I did now though.
I do believe though that the Second Coming cannot be far off. There might be a lot of people, secular besides Christians who are wondering if this green planet can get any worse before something gives :cool:

What are your flight times? I know of at least one M-F corporate shuttle, which sounds like what you're looking for.
Hi CFI A&P, Ugh - Thank You!! Sorry to take so long to reply - maybe the possibility you mentioned is long gone :-(
Hadn't checked on here until today.
3,500TT, 470 Multi, the rest above Pt. 135 minimums. Multi- ATP rated. close to 60 as SIC in turbine/jet, but no formal training/endorsement or type. 19 as SIC in PC12NG.
Thanks again!

Hi CFI A&P, Ugh - Thank You!! Sorry to take so long to reply - maybe the possibility you mentioned is long gone :-(
Hadn't checked on here until today.
3,500TT, 470 Multi, the rest above Pt. 135 minimums. Multi- ATP rated. close to 60 as SIC in turbine/jet, but no formal training/endorsement or type. 19 as SIC in PC12NG.
Thanks again!

Where do you live, and are you willing to relocate ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do you live, and are you willing to relocate ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a little less than a 2 hour drive east north east of Chicago, Midway airport. Unable to relocated, but willing to commute.

Hi, Was the position you were thinking of somewhere to which I'd have to relocate?

Sorry, for some reason my response didn't post. I know of two shuttles, but neither are in the Chicago area. Keep looking, good luck.

Back