22 inches of snow in 24 hours and still more to come

haha nice! I live in Grand Haven, Michigan. We get all that nasty stuff plus all the lake effect weather *grand haven is on michigans west coast*. Im finishing up school down here in Florida, but getting ready to fly home on monday through New Years. Im excited, i miss the snow :D

I went to school in Kalamazoo, and thought that we got a lot of snow there at 120" annually.

Then I moved to Utah where Alta got 700" last year, averages 500" annually and let me look up the numbers for park city proper...360" annually.

Now I know what a lot of snow is :)

41811.jpg

Massachusetts. My car is covered!

22 inches in Spokompton? That sounds like a big ole -3 on the Fun Meter!

I watched the Seattle/NY Jets game today and it just made me happy I wasn't anywhere the "Charlie Foxtrot" that SEATAC turns into on a snowy day...although I think ATL with snow might actually be worse...

I keep hearing from QX pilot's I know that Alaska ran out of De-Ice/Anti-Ice fluid today?

Y'all enjoy it...it's going to be back up in th 60's by the end of the week here in the ATL!

:rawk:

This is me walking the dog the other day during our little storm in Las Vegas. We ended up with 7 inches where I live. Its like Hally's comet around here so I took advantage while it lasted. :)

n725665015_2280705_2749.jpg

The wifey.

n725665015_2280141_3079.jpg

22 inches in Spokompton? That sounds like a big ole -3 on the Fun Meter!

I watched the Seattle/NY Jets game today and it just made me happy I wasn't anywhere the "Charlie Foxtrot" that SEATAC turns into on a snowy day...although I think ATL with snow might actually be worse...

I keep hearing from QX pilot's I know that Alaska ran out of De-Ice/Anti-Ice fluid today?

Y'all enjoy it...it's going to be back up in th 60's by the end of the week here in the ATL!

:rawk:

Yup. Several Alaska flights diverted to GEG and BOI because of the weather Saturday night. Which was neat in BOI since we don't have the equipment to work them anymore. Had to park them so they could turn out.
SEA and PDX both ran out of fluid yesterday. It's been a fun couple days on the ramp. Poor counter agents.

I need to take some more pictures for you guys. It seems like everyday we get another 5 inches of snow. Weather channel says that Wednesday and Friday we are supposed to get around 5-10 inches of snow. Right now we have around 3 ft of snow.

When I visited up there it was in the -20's (not even including wind chill). I couldn't imagine that with a few feet of snow, ugh.

Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, especially since I live in Texas now.:bandit: I just don't miss the snow. If I feel the need, I'll go to Taos NM and go skiing

Back