2010, 2011, 2012 Pay bands

What I mean is in a perfect world I get a level 10 terminal here in cleveland and I complete D3 according to the pay band of 2012 i would be between 79,000 to 93,000. Now reaching D3 could take a year and a half or two and a half years but what makes you have 81,000 versus 92,000.

I mean it takes two to three years to CPC so while you are training how do you they rate you to fall in the pay band???
Does that make sense?

What I mean is in a perfect world I get a level 10 terminal here in cleveland and I complete D3 according to the pay band of 2012 i would be between 79,000 to 93,000. Now reaching D3 could take a year and a half or two and a half years but what makes you have 81,000 versus 92,000.

I mean it takes two to three years to CPC so while you are training how do you they rate you to fall in the pay band???
Does that make sense?

You don't fall in a pay band. You will start at the bottom of every pay band through the progressions. If you take three years at d-1, you'll get annual pay increases (starting from the bottom)within that band, and the same goes for d-2, d-3, and CPC.

You will probably never see the top of a pay band because they will go up incrementally with your raises. You will reach the original max but not the "real" max. Hopefully that wasn't too confusing.

ok that made a lot of sense. thank you.

so then how much does the pay increase annually in the bands.

is it a dollar amount or a percentage.

are annual increases subject to evaluations i.e you meet expectations so your pay increases 5 percent of your base vs you exceed expectations so your pay increases 10 percent of your base???

i mean i might be at d3 for 3 years and i wondered how much the pay would increase each year i was at that point.

im just curious

ok that made a lot of sense. thank you.

so then how much does the pay increase annually in the bands.

is it a dollar amount or a percentage.

are annual increases subject to evaluations i.e you meet expectations so your pay increases 5 percent of your base vs you exceed expectations so your pay increases 10 percent of your base???

i mean i might be at d3 for 3 years and i wondered how much the pay would increase each year i was at that point.

im just curious

It's a lot less than that. Try around 2-3% a year.

how much over regular hourly pay is Sunday Premium pay? I am assuming 1 1/2 times. What about holiday pay? I know night differential is about 10% over regular.

Sunday = 125%
Night = 110%
Holiday = 200%

As a developmental at most facilities, you will get forced off on most major holidays, like Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.

Looking at my last paycheck, the night and Sunday differential are in fact cumulative. One of my two night shifts is on a Sunday, and it appears that I do get the night pay on top of the Sunday pay. I'm not sure if this was something that started with the new contract or not.

As a developmental at most facilities, you will get forced off on most major holidays, like Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.

Looking at my last paycheck, the night and Sunday differential are in fact cumulative. One of my two night shifts is on a Sunday, and it appears that I do get the night pay on top of the Sunday pay. I'm not sure if this was something that started with the new contract or not.

Check the new contract, the holiday procedure changed if I'm not mistaken. The agency cannot force you off anymore, now what I'm not sure of is if they can force you off before any certifications, but for sure once you have a certification they cannot force you off.

I have been given the option to work, but have chosen no to because I would be bored all day reading without any trainers present. Plus, I would rather spend time with my family anyway. I believe on Christmas Eve we will receive holiday pay for hours worked after 12 pm. It makes sense that you would receive Sunday premium plus night diff. Is the night diff 110% of the Sun premium? I doubt it would be. I start Sundays after Jan 1.

Check the new contract, the holiday procedure changed if I'm not mistaken. The agency cannot force you off anymore, now what I'm not sure of is if they can force you off before any certifications, but for sure once you have a certification they cannot force you off.

They can if you are non essential, ie., aren't certified on any radar positions in a center (can't speak to terminal). Even those with a couple of D sides got an extra day off on Thanksgiving. But you are correct in that they cannot force CPCs off on holidays if they want to come in and work on the holiday or their in lieu of day if the holiday falls on a RDO.

They can if you are non essential, ie., aren't certified on any radar positions in a center (can't speak to terminal). Even those with a couple of D sides got an extra day off on Thanksgiving. But you are correct in that they cannot force CPCs off on holidays if they want to come in and work on the holiday or their in lieu of day if the holiday falls on a RDO.

You might want to check into that, At ZOB before Oct 1 we were being forced off, after October 1 we havent been forced off, NATCA said to make sure we weren't being forced off, and the scheduling sup. in my area even said they can't force us off anymore, but they still can offer it to you. Your really getting the shaft if they are giving you a day off on Monday holidays ya know... $200ish in holiday pay for a D1, D2 after the new year will be over $300 for holiday pay, don't let them force you off if you want to work... and remember your offered EVERY holiday, if its on your RDO's make sure you work the day before or after, whichever your holiday falls on.

If you are not position rated, I believe that means no having a D side in center, in the terminal that means that if you are not rated on FD/CD (or for lower level towers like SCK, ground rated, because there is no CD, and FD is combined), management can have you take Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years or your Holiday in Lieu of. But if you are position rated, they cannot.

If you are not position rated, I believe that means no having a D side in center, in the terminal that means that if you are not rated on FD/CD (or for lower level towers like SCK, ground rated, because there is no CD, and FD is combined), management can have you take Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years or your Holiday in Lieu of. But if you are position rated, they cannot.

Yep, I had just one D-side and they forced me off for Thanksgiving, then a week later they said "we were not supposed to do that, you have one D-side, want to work?"

On the pay bands.......let's say the lower band for CPC is $70,000 and the highest band is $90,000. Once you are qualified and at the $70,000 band how long does it take to get to the $90,000 band. Is this based on the number of years you are at the facility, performance awards or ?? :confused:

Back