2010, 2011, 2012 Pay bands

Didn't want to burst yall's bubble, but it's late and I don't have anything better to do than troll on the internet. But all this payband related stuff has already been posted/discussed here:

http://forums.jetcareers.com/air-traffic-control/90426-contract-negotiations-agreement-5.html

(BTW, is yall's even close to resembling a word in the english language? I'm not from the south, or a cowboy, or any combination of the two, so I wouldn't know)

As you were...

(BTW, is yall's even close to resembling a word in the english language? I'm not from the south, or a cowboy, or any combination of the two, so I wouldn't know)

As you were...
In the plural, as you're using it, it would be "all y'all's". :) And "English" is capitalized.

Ha!

I appreciate the insight, and I am certain this new information will come in very handy someday.

:laff:

The pay apply's to everyone, NATCA or Snot.
And don't kid yourselfs folk's.
NATCA got you this payscale, and to break it down further, it's the old timers who make 100,000+, that have been a NATCA member since "the day", that pay their due's still (mucho $$$), that will be training your butt, that has a federal written thought of whether or not you should continue training(or not.... :( ), that got you this payscale...
NATCA is our pulse.
You want to see other wise, than suit it yourself.

OKC per diem...geeez. When we were there just a couple years ago we neither recieved per diem nor did we make any money - 7 bucks an hour. That was Bush and Blakley for ya. I went into debt 3k just going down there.

I want to understand the payscale chart better. I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but how come on a level 4, 5 and 6 facility on a D1 level it is shaded gray with Non Applicable? The higher levels aren't shaded at the same level of progress. Does this mean that the base pay of 37,070 will remain until a person reaches the next certification level with a higher payscale, which could be D2, or D3 depending upon the facility level?

I want to understand the payscale chart better. I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but how come on a level 4, 5 and 6 facility on a D1 level it is shaded gray with Non Applicable? The higher levels aren't shaded at the same level of progress. Does this mean that the base pay of 37,070 will remain until a person reaches the next certification level with a higher payscale, which could be D2, or D3 depending upon the facility level?

That is exactly what that means. I believe the reason the lower levels dont have a D1 is because they don't have as many positions, therefore less to check out on before you make CPC. Correct me if I am wrong.

As I understand it, at the lower level facilities, you walk in the door as a DII, as opposed to an AG.

so at okc, do ex military make hourly like the cti students do? i heard they make more and what is the per diem? i was looking at rates for appartments/studios and it looks rediculous. i have a family and some places for a 3 bedroom is average 65-70 a day????

so at okc, do ex military make hourly like the cti students do? i heard they make more and what is the per diem? i was looking at rates for appartments/studios and it looks rediculous. i have a family and some places for a 3 bedroom is average 65-70 a day????

I'm pretty sure everyone makes hourly. Not sure if you make more then the 8/hr OTS get. The per diem for housing is about 50.30/day, or something like that. It might be better to find some cheap apartment for about 500-600/month and rent furniture(if needed). It's cheaper then going with FAA credit card housing, but more of a headache in dealing with reimbursement and paying out of pocket. In the long run, you'll walk away with more money.

I'm pretty sure everyone makes hourly. Not sure if you make more then the 8/hr OTS get. The per diem for housing is about 50.30/day, or something like that. It might be better to find some cheap apartment for about 500-600/month and rent furniture(if needed). It's cheaper then going with FAA credit card housing, but more of a headache in dealing with reimbursement and paying out of pocket. In the long run, you'll walk away with more money.

good insight. thanks. good luck in okc

Does anyone know what causes you to be on the minimum or maximum end of the pay scale???
I mean once you complete a D side then do you get your pay increase based on a evaluation i.e expectations vs exceed expectations???

Does anyone know what causes you to be on the minimum or maximum end of the pay scale???
I mean once you complete a D side then do you get your pay increase based on a evaluation i.e expectations vs exceed expectations???

You start on the bottom end of the pay band, as you spend years in the agency, you "step" up through the pay band, however the way the FAA has it set up currently, it is almost impossible to reach the top of the pay band, unless you are at a higher level facility and then go to a lower level facility.

Back