2009 to be a rough year except for Mesaba.......

Im curious as to why DL would keep more than one regional carrier under contract at all? Surely they will have the aircraft capacity to fly the small routes right?. Does anyone know where they are plugging in the DC9s or are they staying on NWA territory?

In addition to the "we'll fly it for cheaper" bid game, can you imagine what would have happened to Delta's regional system back in 2001 if ALL of them were flown by Comair? Then again, if that were the case, I doubt the pilots would have had to go on strike b/c of how much it would have wrecked mainline's feed.

Not too sure where they are all going, but I just listed my sister on a flight:
ORD-CVG-PHL, both legs were on DC9's. So, yes, the 9's are running Delta (Comair) routes.

Wow they've started to move around aircraft already? When did you book the flight for?

Wow they've started to move around aircraft already? When did you book the flight for?

I landed behind a Delta painted DC-9 in DTW, and I flew out on another one going from DTW-MEM. They're getting those things painted fast it looks like.

Leaving ORD on 12/26 returning 1/2
I'm sorry, my bad, with her changing her mind over and over regarding what time she wanted to go, I got confused. ORD-DTW-PHL is DC9, which makes sense :) Travelnet list all the NWA flights, but seats show 0/0. I guess that is a problem with the two systems still.
Anyway, she changed her mind again and will now take OH thru CVG :)

I landed behind a Delta painted DC-9 in DTW, and I flew out on another one going from DTW-MEM. They're getting those things painted fast it looks like.

I agree. Im up here in DTW right now and this my 1st time seeing the Delta 747 in person...looks pretty good.

It takes 6 months to find out exactly what you've been worrying about, anyway. Right now the economy is RIPE for opportunists. A lot of people are holding on to their cash right now. When the cash hoarding goes down, it will be a sign that the economy is ready to improve.

Rough year ahead? Probably. If it's true that there were too many 50-seaters floating around, that still hasn't changed and there still could be some negative consequences, even when the economy is improving. When the airlines start hiring heavily again, it will likely be sudden and later than it should be. The hiring officials at many airlines gotta be those same people who don't pay attention when they're driving and suddenly slam on their brakes, causing me to have to drive to the left slightly to see ahead.

Back