20% of the hotel rooms sold in 12 hours

How to put this....

I know pilots are cheap because we have all been "dead broke" at one time. That actually does help us in the future when we are no longer "dead broke" because it teaches us how to budget. It teaches us to stretch a nickle to work like a dollar. In the end that is a good thing. But it also can be a bad thing because sometimes we still are not sure where to put our resources (money). So we either don't do anything (the easiest) or we look for the absolute cheapest way possible to accomplish something. We can be quite annoying at times to others.

This website does not charge us to belong. Yet I will assure you that someone is getting the bill and someone is paying for it. I think we all know who that someone is.

On the NJC. This gathering is probably the most beneficial thing that you can do for your career. Those that have attended know this.

We come together as like minded professionals to network and have fun. Many pilots on this board, that attended NJC are working in their current positions because of someone they met on this board and cemented that relationship at NJC.

Does that mean you swoop in, pass out a few business cards, and get a gig? Or course not. When someone gives you a letter of recommendation or carries your resume in, they want to know that everyone (company, current employee, future employee) will benefit. Assuming you are a decent person, the more someone knows about you, the more likely they are to help you. When you meet someone eye to eye, it allows you to connect.

Doug and Kristie have decided to produce these NJC conferences. Keep in mind that Doug is already there. He has a great job flying Delta's big birds. He doesn't have to do this. There is no personal benefit to him or Kristie in doing these events. It's a wonderful commitment they give back to the pilot community.

This is not their full time business. Doug is a pilot. When Doug commits to the meeting space, there is a cost. Doug puts his pilot pay on the line to make sure that we have a place to meet, network and have fun. There are large financial commitments here that exceed tens of thousands of dollars.

The hotel rate Doug has negotiated is a great rate for Las Vegas for a nice hotel. He has asked us to book the hotel at the same time you sign up for the NJC and has provided a reservation discount to the NJC for doing so. The reason for this is because if the block of rooms does not sell out, Doug will have to pay for those rooms or for the meeting space. He will have to do this out of his pilots pay. I do not want that to happen. Let's get him out of this jam as quickly as possible so he doesn't have to be worried about this part of it.

So, if you haven't already signed up, let me twist your arm a bit and encourage you to sign up today. If you end up not being able to go, then offer the ticket and room to another deserving pilot.

Last years event did sell out because the meeting room suite would only hold so many people. Right now, Doug can still book a larger meeting room if you all will sign up. Sometime this month, that meeting room size will need to be locked down and that will limit the available slots. The earlier you book--the better it is for everyone to be able to plan this event.

Joe

We're not there yet, but it's also August.

Tell a friend!

Hey friend....I have this sweet deal on hotel rooms at planet hollywood in October. I can get you a discount and I get $5 referral. Can i count on you.....? :-O

Hey friend....I have this sweet deal on hotel rooms at planet hollywood in October. I can get you a discount and I get $5 referral. Can i count on you.....? :-O

Do it!

The success of this event always dictates the next year bro! :)

A decent portion of my next paycheck is dedicated to NJC. Barring unforeseen calamities next Friday I'm in! I can't wait to meet everybody!!!

Back