2 people safely eject from jet that later crashed during Thunder Over Michigan air show 8/13/2023

The burden of taking care of the elders is noble and should not be a point of conflict for the youth. Using that money to finance the lazy youth is idiotic. Unemployment, welfare, food stamps and disability benefits are supposed to be a parachute, not a hammock on the beach. You worked all of your life, are your SS payments covering the bills? Where'd that money go? Not sure I have a solution, but it's not acceptable to look at that issue. Just remember Straight White Men are everything wrong with society and the sooner they are under the thumb of an aggressive HR department everything will be better. Don't respond, Big Brother is omnipresent.
Well, for me - as of today - my SS and County Retirement are covering the basics and nothing more. The double digit inflation of the last couple years eroded any surplus which once was there.

I avoid medical issues because of the cost, as I slowly pay off those accrued before. I eat well, and the pups are cared for. Monthly bills are paid but past medical expenses are generally going to collection. I do what I can and get by🤷‍♂️ I don't think my situation is unique.

Anyway, life is good, and like most in my situation, we do what we can and ignore what we can't.

Well, for me - as of today - my SS and County Retirement are covering the basics and nothing more. The double digit inflation of the last couple years eroded any surplus which once was there.

I avoid medical issues because of the cost, as I slowly pay off those accrued before. I eat well, and the pups are cared for. Monthly bills are paid but past medical expenses are generally going to collection. I do what I can and get by🤷‍♂️ I don't think my situation is unique.

Anyway, life is good, and like most in my situation, we do what we can and ignore what we can't.
I'm glad you're okay. What do you think about the rest of my post?

I'm glad you're okay. What do you think about the rest of my post?
I think you're on point/target, and affirm 100% what you said.

And while no doubt present, I don't give a good goddamn about "big brother" (easy do at this stage in life). I raise my voice from time-to-time, but I can't fix this s**t. Those following me are facing a brave, new world I'm not sorry I'll miss.

I think it's gonna' be a hell'uva awful place.

Black SUVs should be considered suspicious moving forward, drive away from town when you want to go to town. Park your car and run through the woods naked back towards town, a naked old man running amongst the trees is humorous not dangerous. Leave your dogs at home with some kind of heat. Show up at the store and fill up a shopping cart, I can almost guarantee no one will fuss with you, just make sure you don't take more than $900 worth of stuff, and then Harvey Haulass with whatever exuberance you can muster and if you make it back to your car, put your clothes back on, load up your loot and drive home, unload your bounty and smile knowingly at your faithful companions with a spark in your eye as you plan your next plunder. This is the new world, take advantage, perhaps next time bring a hammer and stop by the jewelry store. Can't hurt to have precious metals and stones as barter when the • hits the fan.

Black SUVs should be considered suspicious moving forward, drive away from town when you want to go to town. Park your car and run through the woods naked back towards town, a naked old man running amongst the trees is humorous not dangerous. Leave your dogs at home with some kind of heat. Show up at the store and fill up a shopping cart, I can almost guarantee no one will fuss with you, just make sure you don't take more than $900 worth of stuff, and then Harvey Haulass with whatever exuberance you can muster and if you make it back to your car, put your clothes back on, load up your loot and drive home, unload your bounty and smile knowingly at your faithful companions with a spark in your eye as you plan your next plunder. This is the new world, take advantage, perhaps next time bring a hammer and stop by the jewelry store. Can't hurt to have precious metals and stones as barter when the • hits the fan.
I'm not sure I should tell you this, but I've had enough to drink that I will.

Rolled naked in the snow at a church parsonage - and used it as a sermon illustration the same morning (exhilarating, by the way, and something I'd recommend), taken tasteful picture on "naked walk through the woods day," and absolutely don't give a damn anymore what people think of my choices/decisions in life. Most are still likely "conventional" but many are also not🤷‍♂️

Rolled naked in the snow at a church parsonage - and used it as a sermon illustration the same morning (exhilarating, by the way, and something I'd recommend), taken tasteful picture on "naked walk through the woods day," and absolutely don't give a damn anymore what people think of my choices/decisions in life. Most are still likely "conventional" but many are also not🤷‍♂️
I'll tell you about my experiences rolling around naked in the snow, they all involved young ladies and a hot tub. Sit in the tub for a bit and then immerse yourself in the snow for as long as possible and then jump back in the tub. These were antics normally performed at 8000' on the ground.

Just read through the thread and up-to-date thoughts.

Can't/won't speak for anyone else, but I plan to live fully until I don't.

I care for other people, and give beyond my means to care for their needs despite my own, as I can.

No hero or martyr, I'm just a decent man. I'll give up my seat on the lifeboat for anyone in as much - or greater - need.

I don't know where the hell we lost that, but the "fat cats" get fatter, it seems, while most of the rest of us scramble for the lifeboat and drown trying while they row further away.

I'm a goddamned "Boomer," much vilified here and in other places, but I - and many others like me - have made a difference and affected change - good change - in the world that you now know.

I won't change much of a damned thing any more, except maybe to a family or two, but it's worth it to them whatever the cost personally.

I'll roll naked in the snow until I can't anymore. And I'll love those memories, and the difference I helped make o'er the years🤷‍♂️🍸

Just read through the thread and up-to-date thoughts.

Can't/won't speak for anyone else, but I plan to live fully until I don't.

I care for other people, and give beyond my means to care for their needs despite my own, as I can.

No hero or martyr, I'm just a decent man. I'll give up my seat on the lifeboat for anyone in as much - or greater - need.

I don't know where the hell we lost that, but the "fat cats" get fatter, it seems, while most of the rest of us scramble for the lifeboat and drown trying while they row further away.

I'm a goddamned "Boomer," much vilified here and in other places, but I - and many others like me - have made a difference and affected change - good change - in the world that you now know.

I won't change much of a damned thing any more, except maybe to a family or two, but it's worth it to them whatever the cost personally.

I'll roll naked in the snow until I can't anymore. And I'll love those memories, and the difference I helped make o'er the years🤷‍♂️🍸
Your efforts to help others will be discounted by those that consider your views "unaligned" with their narrative and disparaged, regardless of how selfless and noble your actions may be. I'd suggest doing what makes you happy and not really putting any stock into anything you read here or anywhere else online. I'm not saying the entire internet is evil, but you and I both grew up without it and I think life was better. Your mileage may vary.

Holy thread creep.

Mandalorian This Is The Way GIF - Mandalorian This Is The Way ...

Bob,

You are a saint for putting aside your medical issues to (in part) ensure the dogs are taken care of.

I wish you continued good health, relatively speaking.

David

Back