1st solo xc today!

Congrats on your flight. I got lost on mine. Quite a learning experience, though. It was a good feeling - better than solo.

climb-to get a better view
circle-to stay in one spot
call- the last place you left off or nearest field u think ur near
confess- that u are lost
comply- with the directions you are given

climb-to get a better view
circle-to stay in one spot
call- the last place you left off or nearest field u think ur near
confess- that u are lost
comply- with the directions you are given

Well, I wasn't that lost. I knew approximately where I was, given my heading, time and earlier checkpoints. I was flying into Ardmore downtown airport (1F0.) It wasn't where it was supposed to be according to my flight, so I studied the sectional for a bit, realized that I was too far south. It's right at the north end of a lake, and I was right at the south end of the lake. I had plenty of fuel, so I turned north and flew along a bit and there was the airport.

Had I not been able to find it at that point, I'd have executed the 5Cs, but I wanted to see if I could sort it out for myself, first.

:)

Well, I wasn't that lost. I knew approximately where I was, given my heading, time and earlier checkpoints. I was flying into Ardmore downtown airport (1F0.) It wasn't where it was supposed to be according to my flight, so I studied the sectional for a bit, realized that I was too far south. It's right at the north end of a lake, and I was right at the south end of the lake. I had plenty of fuel, so I turned north and flew along a bit and there was the airport.

Had I not been able to find it at that point, I'd have executed the 5Cs, but I wanted to see if I could sort it out for myself, first.

:)

Well you did good.

Did my second x/c today , from HWV>HFD>FOK back to HWV. Everything went well. Last ones tommorrow to HFD and i'll have 5 hours!

Congrats, gotta be intimidating flying over the sound on your first solo XC - although probably less intimidating as the NYC Bravo!!

congrats on the first solo x-country. i remember mine like it was yesterday. keep up the good work.

ps. check airnav.com for airport info. it will usually give you a number for the fbo.

I havent heard of them, where is it located? Do they need any instructors? 141 or 61?[/quote
It's in Shirley NY on Long Island and it's a part 141. They are looking for a few more instructors but i'm not sure how many they are looking for.

Congrats man. Does anyone know how much dowling CFI's make nowadays? I need some fuel to justify a raise with my current school. :laff: Thanks in advance.

Back