$162 million up for grabs

If I was living in rural Ohio and lost a lotto ticket that was worth $162 million dollars, it would be the end of my world.

And as we speak, a bunch of people are combing every square inch of that parking lot. Fine tooth comb? Try microscope!

I think the first mistake was admitting that it was lost!
smile.gif

I think it's a 'bearer instrument' meaning that the person who holds the ticket is assumed to own the ticket, under normal circumstances.

I might have to fly out there myself and have a look-see!

I believe unless you sign the back of the ticket, it's not legally yours. Chances are if someone else found it and tried to redeem the prize, you could take them to court and tie the prize up for long enough that the person who found the ticket would offer to settle however that's going to be about it.

There was a similar case in Boston a couple of years ago ... older woman would call her lotto bet into the convenience store down the street. She played the same numbers every week and finally won. The convenience store owner then cashed the winning ticket himself claiming that because he placed the bet and she hadn't paid for the ticket that it was his. Courts eventually ruled in favor of the woman.

Yeah, I've been out looking for it all day. No luck yet.
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Just kidding...I do have somewhat of a life. Although with the luck I've had today, I should've gone looking for it. I'd have probably found it!
shocked.gif
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just kidding...I do have somewhat of a life. Although with the luck I've had today, I should've gone looking for it. I'd have probably found it!
shocked.gif
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You got laid???

Sorry I could not resist!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

$162 million would buy ...

648 C-172s
324 Seminoles
162 Adam A-500s
or 5.4 GVs ... roughly speaking of course.

Or 64,800,000 $2.50 longnecks (beer).

Or possibly one or two DECENT players for the Phoenix Cardnials (of course they would sign 24 kickers with the money .. but that's another story!)
grin.gif

Heck, if I won that much money, I'd pay the house off, buy a car, quit my job then take off to Europe for a month.

And pretty much in that order!
smile.gif

Ahh, marry well!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Or possibly one or two DECENT players for the Phoenix Cardnials (of course they would sign 24 kickers with the money .. but that's another story!)
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The best thing we did here in St. Louis is stop going to football Cardinal games
grin.gif
. That got Bidwell to leave and now we have a football team that actually has a chance of winning in the NFL.

Looks like someone else has the ticket

162 Million Mega Millions Winner Announced

[ QUOTE ]
Rebecca Jemison, a hospital worker of South Euclid, turned in the 11-state jackpot at Ohio Lottery (search) headquarters in downtown Cleveland. The lottery validated the sole winning ticket Tuesday morning for the drawing a week ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can the woman who claimed she lost it prove that?

We inherited Bidwell out here in AZ and we can't shake him.

Don't get me started on the politics surrounding the Arizona Cardinals.

[ QUOTE ]
The best thing we did here in St. Louis is stop going to football Cardinal games . That got Bidwell to leave and now we have a football team that actually has a chance of winning in the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the way I remember it is we (St. Louis) refused to build him a new stadium so he (one night at midnight) loaded up the team and high tailed it out here. I was hoping the new stadium here in PHX would fall through and he'd get ticked and leave this town too - but alas they are half-way completed with the new stadium! Go RAMS!
grin.gif

Oh. And NO ONE goes to the Cards games here either. I think their highest attendance this year was 18,000 fans and that's when GB played and most of the 18,000 were dressed in gold and green!
cool.gif

I hoped the stadium would fall through too.

Public money has no place in private enterprise.

Besides, I think the NFL only flourishes in cities where people are locked indoors for most of the winter.

Back