15 more Q's for Colgan. For real this time.

wick81

Press release out today. 15 more starting in august 2010 and they are for Continental. There are also options for 15 more in 2013.

Hopefully the IAH Saabs go bye-bye at the same time and god help me if I'm still cursing Colgan in 2013.

They're planning on 15 more airplanes a year and a half from now? There could be 2 mergers between now and then!

Most likely both...

The current SAAB IAH routes will not support a Q400...

None of the current saab routes would really support the Q -

We are / have been reducing the saab flying though (Usairway side)

I could see a combination of SAAB reduction and Qs arriving to IAH. I think the Q will do those gulf-coast small town runs already done by xjt and colgan as well as larger markets severd by cal and xjt.

I could see a combination of SAAB reduction and Qs arriving to IAH. I think the Q will do those gulf-coast small town runs already done by xjt and colgan as well as larger markets severd by cal and xjt.

So Colgan is taking flying away from XJT?

So Colgan is taking flying away from XJT?

Technically, Colgan is being assigned routes by CAL that were previously operated by XJT. Can't "take away" what XJT didn't originally own. Just like Mesaba and Compass aren't "taking" flying from Pinnacle.

Some guys over here are seeing this as another slap in the face to the PCL pilots. We've gotten the "we don't have any money to give you that" numerous times, then we get 31 CAs displaced to FO when we're having to JM guys to cover what we have, then we hear they're trying to outsource our PCs and PTs to non-seniority list sim instructors and now PCL decides to finance Q400s with loans rather than deal with the mess they've already got.

No offense to the Colgan pilots. Just wanted to say that us on the 9E side are starting to feel like second class citizens since management seems hell bent on growing Colgan while shrinking us.

Technically, Colgan is being assigned routes by CAL that were previously operated by XJT. Can't "take away" what XJT didn't originally own. Just like Mesaba and Compass aren't "taking" flying from Pinnacle.

Some guys over here are seeing this as another slap in the face to the PCL pilots. We've gotten the "we don't have any money to give you that" numerous times, then we get 31 CAs displaced to FO when we're having to JM guys to cover what we have, then we hear they're trying to outsource our PCs and PTs to non-seniority list sim instructors and now PCL decides to finance Q400s with loans rather than deal with the mess they've already got.

No offense to the Colgan pilots. Just wanted to say that us on the 9E side are starting to feel like second class citizens since management seems hell bent on growing Colgan while shrinking us.

That may be... but 430+ million is a tough chunk for an airline to come up with these days - and I'm hearing this is being done completly on the colgan side... note and all is in the 9l name.

This is also well more than a year away, so I can say hopefully, they've got something in the works over there as well. We've known for a long time that 9l was going to be flying 30-45 airframes eventually, I guess it just doesn't set in untill the memo's come out. They pretty much seem to be following the plan that was laid in action from day 1, and if I recall, CAL had the options for the next 15, to ve exercised at the 1 yr aniversary? or was it 6 mo... something like that in the original contract

One would hope, with elemination of the beech, and much of the money loosing saabs, that the positive cash flow from the Q's will help offset anything on the 9E side and keep things steady - PNCL as a whole right now is well suited to meet nearly any demand, wether it's low cost short runs, faster jet service, or sudden expansion - we should be able to handle it. I guess having 1 list would mean that PNCL could sell any of the services to any of our 4? code shares. DAL want's a Q? got it... CAL wants some 700's or 900's... again - we got em

We are in a strong position in the industry right now, I hope we can keep it civil, work together and not get things messed up with labor issues

I thought that if we voted in ALPA we wouldn't get more Q's?

Good job to everyone at Colgan. Well earned.

Now we have work to do as we move towards a collective bargaining agreement that we deserve.

Back