1389nm regional airline routes???

I think this oil spike is the best thing that could happen to the industry, making the smaller RJs unable to profit. I read the saddest statistic. in 2000 only 10% of national routes were flown by RJs, last year it was either 37 or 47%, and I'm talking about the major routes, B to B. Now I would like for the guys at the majors to hopefully get their scope back and some of this flying go back to the majors.

While I agree I would much rather see these aircraft on a mainline seniority. . .

But, you say you would like to see the majors get their scope back. . .well. . .no one but them gave it out in the first place.

So now that they see the negatives of their decisions, they think their management teams are going to want to bring these planes on the mainline property when it is clearly a more cost effective solution (especially in terms of labor costs) to have this work outsourced to the lowest bidder?

It was theirs to keep, and now they gave it out. . .they won't be getting it back anytime soon, if ever. Only thing they can do, and I friggin hope they do for the future of this profession. . .is keep what they have.

----------------
Now playing: RadioParadise.com - radioparadise.steadyhost.com
via FoxyTunes

I rode expressjet all the way from Toronto to Houston. Pure miserable. Those seats are so freaking tiny and uncomftorable. I've never ridden in the back of a CRJ, but I hope they are more comftorable.

I take it you don't ride around in the back of a 73 very frequently. Misery. A third of the seats are in the middle which after 3 hours of pressing shoulders and arms against someone is enough to drive anyone crazy.

According to SeatGuru.com the CAL 737 fleet has 31'' between seats and are 17.2'' wide.
The XJT ERJs have 31'' as well and 17.3'' width. A tenth of an inch wider ;-)

Guess what...unless you're flying JetBlue or United economy plus, economy seats are going to feel cramped if you're 6 foot +.

While I agree I would much rather see these aircraft on a mainline seniority. . .

But, you say you would like to see the majors get their scope back. . .well. . .no one but them gave it out in the first place.

So now that they see the negatives of their decisions, they think their management teams are going to want to bring these planes on the mainline property when it is clearly a more cost effective solution (especially in terms of labor costs) to have this work outsourced to the lowest bidder?

It was theirs to keep, and now they gave it out. . .they won't be getting it back anytime soon, if ever. Only thing they can do, and I friggin hope they do for the future of this profession. . .is keep what they have.

----------------
Now playing: RadioParadise.com - radioparadise.steadyhost.com
via FoxyTunes

I agree they did it, but it seems to be the problem with this profession, too many people only looking for number 1. They gave it up, since in their eyes, didn't want to fly a small jet and the others were past that point, so why not give it up. Much the same as first year pay going even lower, sure most will vote for that since they are no longer at year 1 pay, instead of looking out for the better.

Unfortunately, once in a while I have to fly this 1320 nm leg. Around 3:15 flying time. Thank god they are discontinuing this flight come November. Wasn't fun flying it during the winter time when you had a 120+ kts. headwind and had to make an occasional fuel stop in either CVG, TYS, etc.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/COM203

The longest RJ flight I have seen was done by SkyWest in the CRJ9 from SLC to YYZ. 1438 nm!!

Most of my flights aren't over 45 minutes.
Shortest flight is like 15minutes (DEN-COS)
Longest is like 1.4 hours (DEN-JAC)

Average is 30 minutes. I don't get to get up to date on my CFM/GOMs as much as you guys who fly mainline-looking jets! ;)

Most of my flights aren't over 45 minutes.
Shortest flight is like 15minutes (DEN-COS)
Longest is like 1.4 hours (DEN-JAC)

Average is 30 minutes. I don't get to get up to date on my CFM/GOMs as much as you guys who fly mainline-looking jets! ;)

Yesterday in PHL we had to pull into Terminal A alleyway to do a 180 and pull up to spot 7 waiting for our gate. We were in the 175 and a Delta 757 had just exited the runway and was facing the alley. Ramp told him to pass behind the "RJ" and then proceed to his gate. To which the Delta pilot responded "I don't see an RJ, which aircraft are you talking about?" Ramp said "Behind the Embraer 175, the RJ coming out of the alley." Delta pilot says "Ok, well thats not an RJ, but we'll pass behind the Embraer".

I said to the Captain "Awww..he thinks we're not an RJ! How kind of him." So I gave him a wave. You could call my airplane a puddle jumper and I wouldn't give a crap. A plane is a plane if it has less than 4 FA's.

Back