1389nm regional airline routes???

OK somebody explain why is this route being flown by a "regional":

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FLG2095

:confused:

Same reason PHL-DFW is flown by RAH, and SKW was doing SLC-PIT for a long while..... You have the planes and airlines willing to undercut mainline and steal their flying why not? :) Ok there is a lot of sarcasm in that. But why pay mainline to do it when regionals are ready, willing and able? :) Yeah I'd be pissed if I were a passanger on any of the before mentioned routes and stuck on an RJ let alone that you posted but its todays world. Thus maybe mainline pilots need to enforce scope and try to get it back to where it needs to be.

Same reason PHL-DFW is flown by RAH, and SKW was doing SLC-PIT for a long while..... You have the planes and airlines willing to undercut mainline and steal their flying why not? :) Ok there is a lot of sarcasm in that. But why pay mainline to do it when regionals are ready, willing and able? :) Yeah I'd be pissed if I were a passanger on any of the before mentioned routes and stuck on an RJ let alone that you posted but its todays world. Thus maybe mainline pilots need to enforce scope and try to get it back to where it needs to be.

Thanks Meyers. From a career progression standpoint it's sad that routes like this are flown by RJs.

Thanks Meyers. From a career progression standpoint it's sad that routes like this are flown by RJs.

I just dont understand these routes to be honest. Especially since a lot of the talk is that RJs dont make money, domestic does not make money. Yet we have long domestic routes by regional carriers......

I just dont understand these routes to be honest. Especially since a lot of the talk is that RJs dont make money, domestic does not make money. Yet we have long domestic routes by regional carriers......

"It's a conspiracy man...........yea, a conspiracy..........":bandit: <----Holecene
:D:D:D

I would do it. EWR-BWI and EWR-ALB gets old. EWR-MYR is as far as we stretch out and thats only 478 miles.

BGR-MSP

Worlds longest CRJ-200 flight

Always booked to 50 and weight restricted to 40

Gahd I hated that thing

You don't work US Air up there (BGR) do you? I was there today and saw someone that kinda looks like you.

P.S. That new construction is a biatch!!!

Because putting 70 people on a 210-seat 757 loses LOTS of money......

:)
Like Merit's signature says: "the easiest answers tends to be the correct one"

Funny to see how the "new guys" in the business will brainlessly recite the old mantras from the old dinosaurs who ultimately goal is make these same "new guys" break into the industry harder if not quasi-impossible for some (examples: regularization, uses fees so less people can't afford flight training, etc.)

I'm gonna have to go with a few of these: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

OK somebody explain why is this route being flown by a "regional":

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FLG2095

:confused:

Equipment availability. The smallest airplane in Delta's fleet was the MD88 (its now the 737-700 and there are two of these) and that is either too big for the market or and this is most likely the case could be better used on other markets.

Who will undercut who is not a factor in determing weather or not a flight will be flown by mainline or a regional partner at Delta.

I think this oil spike is the best thing that could happen to the industry, making the smaller RJs unable to profit. I read the saddest statistic. in 2000 only 10% of national routes were flown by RJs, last year it was either 37 or 47%, and I'm talking about the major routes, B to B. Now I would like for the guys at the majors to hopefully get their scope back and some of this flying go back to the majors.

You don't work US Air up there (BGR) do you? I was there today and saw someone that kinda looks like you.

P.S. That new construction is a biatch!!!

Used to be Comair. Handled the NW and CO flights.

I just saw the construction today for the first time. that does look to be a mess.

Back