135 and CASS

I know at our company we publish our schedule publicly so that those who wish to jumpseat can find when our flights operate. I know Hawaiian will let almost any pilot employed at a 135 or 121 carrier have a shot at the cabin, CASS or not.
WOW! Are you serious? I need to give that one a shot!

I have also seen some 135 carriers that thoroughly don't understand the jumpseat and we have denied them. I received an JS request from a 135 operator that stated they would like an agreement with us so they wouldn't have to buy their pilots tickets to and from the aircraft across the US and reduce their operating costs (a clear violations of JS use).

That is BRILLIANT!!!!!

My company has been able to jump on US Air and Express (Mesa), Virgin America. I have been able to get on almost 100% of the time and the crew have been nothing short of professional and accommodating, just a fabulous group of people that work for these respective companies. Since skywest took over the Mesa route we have been cut to just one flight a day as skywest will not let us jump on them.

So why is it most gate agents can't pull up our airline in cass. Do they have software that allows only reciprocal agreements to be viewed. I also think its bull crap we can't even jump on our own airline.

Yes, many airlines have restricted their CASS software to only allow checks for companies they have recips with. If you don't have a recip with that airline then you are not even shown in their menu systems so you can't be processed.

It is BS that you can't JS on your own airline, which is more of company problem than a system problem as the company would only have to list you on the flight release to get in you in the cockpit on your own metal.

Yes, many airlines have restricted their CASS software to only allow checks for companies they have recips with. If you don't have a recip with that airline then you are not even shown in their menu systems so you can't be processed.

It is BS that you can't JS on your own airline, which is more of company problem than a system problem as the company would only have to list you on the flight release to get in you in the cockpit on your own metal.
It should be easier than that. We should be able to just show up and sit in the other seat, there's no system involved anyways.

It should be easier than that. We should be able to just show up and sit in the other seat, there's no system involved anyways.

It seems more and more poeple today forget that jumpseating is privilege and not a right that comes with the commericial pilot's license.

It seems more and more poeple today forget that jumpseating is privilege and not a right that comes with the commericial pilot's license.
Certainly not just a cpl, but I'm a no man left behind sort of guy as long as we're talking line pilots.

given CASS and jumpseating, is it realistic to commute to a single pilot cargo job? I would not think so, but I want to verify my thoughts on that.

given CASS and jumpseating, is it realistic to commute to a single pilot cargo job? I would not think so, but I want to verify my thoughts on that.

It will be horrible. I did it while at AMF in Burbank and don't recommend it. One I could only use SWA which was great to get back and forth between Vegas and Burbank, but still had an 2 hour drive after Vegas.

Certainly not just a cpl, but I'm a no man left behind sort of guy as long as we're talking line pilots.

Sorry showing my age a bit there.

It all depends on your schedule and the airlines schedule. If they match up it maybe do able. Generally speaking you most likely will have no QOL doing it.

It all depends on your schedule and the airlines schedule. If they match up it maybe do able. Generally speaking you most likely will have no QOL doing it.
Yup. Most feeder schedules are early Monday to late Friday . Best case is if you get a late Monday to early Friday run, but those are rare. Otherwise you would commute home Saturday morning and go back Sunday evening. Not much of a life.

Back