135 and CASS

Which has always baffled me. One of the biggest 135 freight airlines in the biz, and they have ONE reciprocal agreement.

Well I can also speak from experience there to. If you're not a swa pilot, ameriflight will certainly not scratch yours... no matter how much the pilot would like to take em.
I have heard about some non-SWA guys getting to jump seat on AMF. The problem is that most people think they just can walk up to the airplane 10 min before block without calling BUR first for CASS stuff.

Well I can also speak from experience there to. If you're not a swa pilot, ameriflight will certainly not scratch yours... no matter how much the pilot would like to take em.
That's good to know.

If it were up to me, it would be "Are you a pilot flight crewmember of a certificate holder? Are you in CASS? Are you not a feminine hygiene product? Welcome aboard! Here's the briefing card."

That's good to know.

If it were up to me, it would be "Are you a pilot flight crewmember of a certificate holder? Are you in CASS? Are you not a feminine hygiene product? Welcome aboard! Here's the briefing card."
This is how it should be. Really no excuse otherwise. Badge and certificate in hand... there's really no need to verify anything, especially on the ramp where they just got out of their airplane.

I have heard about some non-SWA guys getting to jump seat on AMF. The problem is that most people think they just can walk up to the airplane 10 min before block without calling BUR first for CASS stuff.
In excess of an hour.

At the freight company I worked at we'd take a fellow freight dog any time as long as we had the weight to spare. You could just walk up. Airline scum was by appointment only and needed D.O. approval.

Not true, we've had DHL, UPS, and FedEx pilots jump with us before. I'm sure it has to do with them being our customers that we let their pilots ride.

This is how it should be. Really no excuse otherwise. Badge and certificate in hand... there's really no need to verify anything, especially on the ramp where they just got out of their airplane.
Eh, phoning home to Mom to have her verify that you're in CASS/not an evildoer is a pretty good idea as far as I'm concerned. Cabin only, otherwise.

Not true, we've had DHL, UPS, and FedEx pilots jump with us before. I'm sure it has to do with them being our customers that we let their pilots ride.
Well of the skywest and seaport pilots that have tried to get a ride with me, it's always been no. Skywest won't let us ride at all, but seaport will.... or maybe would, I know we've denied their pilots a JS on a lot of occasions. I know I would love to be able to JS on skywest, along with a lot of our out-stationed pilots.

Which has always baffled me. One of the biggest 135 freight airlines in the biz, and they have ONE reciprocal agreement.
THE Biggest and don't you forget it son. ;)

Bob was pretty adamant that nobody gets on unless they fly for SWA.
Where the truth is, who knows.

THE Biggest and don't you forget it son. ;)

Bob was pretty adamant that nobody gets on unless they fly for SWA.
Where the truth is, who knows.

Well, with Bob retired the mgmt is allowing the big three freight airlines pilots to jumpseat. It usually involves giving 24 hours notice, but it has been happening more often.

Do you guys know if any of the airlines that fly here to Brazil have any recip companies with any local airlines? (cargo included)

CASS and Jumpseats are not the samething and some 135 operators believe that CASS will give them JS agreements automatically. Most companies won't sign agreements with non-sked 135 as the agreement would mostly be one way. In general you should have a published schedule so the other airline can have a chance at jumpseating. SWA is very generous with their jumpseats and thoroughly vets any carrier on their jumpseat list.

I have also seen some 135 carriers that thoroughly don't understand the jumpseat and we have denied them. I received an JS request from a 135 operator that stated they would like an agreement with us so they wouldn't have to buy their pilots tickets to and from the aircraft across the US and reduce their operating costs (a clear violations of JS use).

CASS and Jumpseats are not the samething and some 135 operators believe that CASS will give them JS agreements automatically. Most companies won't sign agreements with non-sked 135 as the agreement would mostly be one way. In general you should have a published schedule so the other airline can have a chance at jumpseating. SWA is very generous with their jumpseats and thoroughly vets any carrier on their jumpseat list.

I have also seen some 135 carriers that thoroughly don't understand the jumpseat and we have denied them. I received an JS request from a 135 operator that stated they would like an agreement with us so they wouldn't have to buy their pilots tickets to and from the aircraft across the US and reduce their operating costs (a clear violations of JS use).

I know at our company we publish our schedule publicly so that those who wish to jumpseat can find when our flights operate. I know Hawaiian will let almost any pilot employed at a 135 or 121 carrier have a shot at the cabin, CASS or not.

So why is it most gate agents can't pull up our airline in cass. Do they have software that allows only reciprocal agreements to be viewed. I also think its bull crap we can't even jump on our own airline.

So why is it most gate agents can't pull up our airline in cass. Do they have software that allows only reciprocal agreements to be viewed. I also think its bull crap we can't even jump on our own airline.

If they are looking in CASS we show up, if they looking under reciprocals then that's probably when they say, "sorry, I can't find you in the system". I know some pilots on their first try accidentally gave gate agents "AMF" as our ICAO airline code, but it changed to "A8" a few years ago. I've had my friend go on his company's intranet at XJET and we show up as "ok" to ride, but since we don't have a reciprocal it all depends on if you can talk to the captain beforehand or hope you have a nice gate agent that day.

No not really they still can't find AMF. It's like we didn't pay the monthly dues and were booted. I know people have worked very hard for more reciprocal agreements in Burbank, but it still comes down who runs the show.

No not really they still can't find AMF. It's like we didn't pay the monthly dues and were booted. I know people have worked very hard for more reciprocal agreements in Burbank, but it still comes down who runs the show.

We're in there, those airlines systems may only show up those they have reciprocals with.

Back