135 and CASS

Johnny150

The Warden
I was wondering if any 135's, preferably cargo have CASS (or is there a place I can look)??? Thanks for the help

Yes, there are a few of the freight operators in CASS. I know Airnet used to be, and ASSume they still are. Check airlinepilotcentral and I think they list some of the bigger operators and if they are in CASS.

Airnet has cass, and reciprocals with several airlines IIRC. Era/Hageland in Alaska has it as well and A LOT of reciprocal agreements.

Yup AMF has CASS. We can sometimes get on other non-SWA carriers but it comes down to two things.

1. Can they find us on their computer?
2. Do they have a relaxed JS policy?

To be in CASS the company must have at least one airplane over 12.500. Smaller companies can still have agreements to ride in the back. TSA making us safer again!

Cape Air operates under Part 135 and uses CASS. We're passenger flying with no freight though.

Airnet has agreements with most airlines.

Remember with jumpseating: A Jump Seat Agreement gets you on the plane, then if you have CASS you have access to the cockpit.
The above of course is subject to Captain's approval.

I was wondering if any 135's, preferably cargo have CASS (or is there a place I can look)??? Thanks for the help

Kalitta Charters is in CASS with dozens of agreements. It's a separate company from the bigger brothers Kalitta Charters II and Kalitta Air.

Ameriflight is in CASS. Our only reciprocal is with SWA, but our pilots have had luck with other carriers as well: USAir, JetBlue, Hawaiian, XJET, just to name a few.

Crewmember Access Security System: It's a system that airlines keep a database of their pilots, FAs, etc. through verification of crew ID and passport. Airlines have reciprocal agreements that allow their crews to ride for free. This system grants cockpit access as well if that's the only seat left on board. One can travel for work or pleasure.

CASS doesn't let you do anything except be in the cockpit when an airliner closes the cockpit door for departure. What allows you to travel for free are jumpseat agreements. Some companies will let anyone in CASS ride, but most require a reciprocal agreement so their pilots get some benefit too.

I believe Horizon has also been kind to us.
Nope, I've heard that from other pilots, but both horizon and Alaska are a complete no-go. I had the damn capt tell the gate agent that I will be riding, but she was unable to print me any type of boarding pass, so alas, I was not on that flight.

Ameriflight is in CASS. Our only reciprocal is with SWA, but our pilots have had luck with other carriers as well: USAir, JetBlue, Hawaiian, XJET, just to name a few.
At some airlines it's purely Captain's discretion as far as jump seat occupancy. Others have more restrictive "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" policies.

At some airlines it's purely Captain's discretion as far as jump seat occupancy. Others have more restrictive "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" policies.
Well I can also speak from experience there to. If you're not a swa pilot, ameriflight will certainly not scratch yours... no matter how much the pilot would like to take em.

Back