10 Reasons not to ATTEND Panam Academy

I think issue that MTSU is talking about is a school advertising that all of their aircraft have AC, but not fixing them when they break. As a result, he believes the school is being dishonest in it's business practices. Is that pretty accurate MTSU???

In reality, each aircraft does have AC, it just breaks like any other part on an airplane. Maintenance fixes it as fast as they can, but It wouldn't make much sense for an FBO or even a large academy to pull the airplane off a revenue producing flight just fix a problem would otherwise have no impact on the flight.

I just don't understand how this thread got to be a back and forth about AIR CONDITIONING!!! I think we have way too much free time...
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's crazy. 20 minutes of in flight instruction should be able to produce a lazy 8 to PTS...............

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, au countraire mon frere!

If I showed you how much instruction I got trying to produce a single lazy-8 to PTS standards, you'd probably spill your coffee!

Or drop your danish, if you're not a coffee drinker.

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes me feel better that somebody else struggled with Lazy 8's, thanks Doug!

The thing that upset me, when I actually took the commercial checkride, the examiner I had didn't make me do them.

I'll tell you what really helped me... and maybe it'll help sombody else someday too. Have your instructor do all the aileron inputs and the callouts (45 degreee , 90, 135, etc.) while you, as the student, do the rudders. My problem was keeping the aircraft coordinated throughout the maneuver... and this seemed to help me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can still to this day remember my flights during Commercial training, doing Lazy-8s with Eric Wildung, my CFI. This was back in 90. I did the Lazy-8, he says "no, no....you're doing it wrong, I've got the aircraft" and proceeds to demonstrate one. He gives the plane back to me, and I execute one exactly like I did it before, but this time I get "THERE! See that! NOW you've got the feel for it. See how that one was so much better?"

"Sure. I got it now. I see (?????)"

To this day, I have no clue how the two maneuvers were different.

And still didn't have to demonstrate them on any check.

laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I can still to this day remember my flights during Commercial training, doing Lazy-8s with Eric Wildung, my CFI. This was back in 90. I did the Lazy-8, he says "no, no....you're doing it wrong, I've got the aircraft" and proceeds to demonstrate one. He gives the plane back to me, and I execute one exactly like I did it before, but this time I get "THERE! See that! NOW you've got the feel for it. See how that one was so much better?"

"Sure. I got it now. I see (?????)"

To this day, I have no clue how the two maneuvers were different.

And still didn't have to demonstrate them on any check.

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still confused about "8's on pylons...". That's the stupidest maneuver I've ever seen!!!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still confused about "8's on pylons...". That's the stupidest maneuver I've ever seen!!!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I always liked 8's on pylons... I really don't know why you have to learn them... but I was good at them, so I liked 'em!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when did you go to pan am montanapilot?

[/ QUOTE ]

havent, FBO trained and proud to be.

since when does going to pan am suddenly become the prerequisite to being able to discuss its shortcomings?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it does help to have some DIRECT experience w/ the subject you are discussing, don't you think??

That would kind of be like my trying to discuss your FBO, w/out ever stepping foot inside! Right??

[/ QUOTE ]

If that were the case, none of us should discuss politics!!
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't argue with that no matter what your reasoning is.
argue.gif
AHHHHHH!

>95% is a little excessive...

Well that came streight from a ex-pan am student atending Ft Peirce campus, I can't speak for the Arizona campus. Of the planes he flew only one or two had working ac out of 50 or so.

Not that I really care, our airplanes don't even have a/c but it's a little wrong for Pan Am to make it a selling point if they don't work even though they 'technicaly' do have a/c.

I'm not trying to defend Pan Am here because I really have no intimate familiarity with their program, but air conditionining in single engine pistons is a luxury.

If they're advertising that they've got AC cool. There are schools advertising that they'll make you an airline captain virtually overnight, or that one's got 'all the right connections'.

So if deferring the AC unit in order to keep flight completion rates up and students training on time, right on.

[ QUOTE ]
If they're advertising that they've got AC cool. There are schools advertising that they'll make you an airline captain virtually overnight, or that one's got 'all the right connections'.

So if deferring the AC unit in order to keep flight completion rates up and students training on time, right on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this...however, I think the idea is..."if it is advertised, then it should be delivered". Otherwise is it not false advertisement?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this...however, I think the idea is..."if it is advertised, then it should be delivered". Otherwise is it not false advertisement?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my only point.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you really want to get technical, does the advertisement say fully operational air conditioner?
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you really want to get technical, does the advertisement say fully operational air conditioner?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose it doesn't....
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose it doesn't....
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lloyd.. Ya gots to at least challenge me!
bandit.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You do have a point Doug!!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose it doesn't....
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lloyd.. Ya gots to at least challenge me!
bandit.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me, I had one at the ready...

For example, if they could say that about the AC, then they could use that very same excuse to never update the databases in the GPS units....

Or say that their not going to keep a plane on the ground to replace an ADF, since it's not required....

Oh, the things they could do (and I think all of us that have dealt with flight schools have heard them all)!!!!

Back