Need Help...need to change location that was offered

letsfly

Hello,
I know this subject has been touched on before on different threads but I would like to know if anybody is interested in trading with me. I am currently offered the Chicago Center but now I would like DTW Tower.
The reason is due to financial reasons that I did not expect. That is why I wanted to know if anybody was interesting in trading. I have read that you should accept the offer and then try to trade with someone later. I guess the key is to get your foot in the door. Anyone out there that has any suggestion or that can help would be greatly appreciated :confused:.

Its alot harder to go from en route to terminal, if it were terminal to terminal you might have a shot but en route to terminal will be a long shot in my opinion.

Especially since you are a PUBNAT hire, id take what you're offered and get in now. if you decline or mess it up it may be another year before you are back here again.

Hello,
I know this subject has been touched on before on different threads but I would like to know if anybody is interested in trading with me. I am currently offered the Chicago Center but now I would like DTW Tower.
The reason is due to financial reasons that I did not expect. That is why I wanted to know if anybody was interesting in trading. I have read that you should accept the offer and then try to trade with someone later. I guess the key is to get your foot in the door. Anyone out there that has any suggestion or that can help would be greatly appreciated :confused:.

you can not trade Center for Tower..only Center for Center and Tower for Tower. Sorry. you will have to decline and try next time. i wanted a tower also, but got ZNY. i know how ya feel

Thanks Polo708 and bipoptl..I figured it was going to be harder. Im still going to go though with it...Money is just going to be a little tighter!! But in the end it will all work out. Thanks!!!

I called my HR guy for Terminal in the Southwest region and had a friend willing to trade Terminal for Terminal. He said it was not possible. But I could ask for a change at the PECI in my interview. Sounds like the runaround. I doubt anything can be done at the PECI.

Thanks Polo708 and bipoptl..I figured it was going to be harder. Im still going to go though with it...Money is just going to be a little tighter!! But in the end it will all work out. Thanks!!!

your signature is wrong... lets see how long it takes to figure this out.

Good luck a ZUA where ever that is.... I'd prefer to move to Aurora and ZAU...but...thats just me...:panic:

I called my HR guy for Terminal in the Southwest region and had a friend willing to trade Terminal for Terminal. He said it was not possible. But I could ask for a change at the PECI in my interview. Sounds like the runaround. I doubt anything can be done at the PECI.

Ask to speak to the hub manager for the region. I've gotten the impression they are the only ones that can make anything happen so far as pre-OKC swaps/transfers are concerned.

Letsfly I am in the same boat as you but I am trying to find a trade to get to Chicago center or a terminal. I have been chosen for ZOB and can't really make that work.

edit :letsfly check private messages.

your signature is wrong... lets see how long it takes to figure this out.

Good luck a ZUA where ever that is.... I'd prefer to move to Aurora and ZAU...but...thats just me...:panic:

ZUA is Guam... you sure you wouldn't prefer that? :crazy:

I am in the same old leaky sinking boat. Got offered ZLA but was wanting a tower, ANY tower in Los Angeles:(. 'Course i'm 29 and a half and can't afford to play facilities-roulette. I'm so tired of rummaging through the coulda wouldas. My latest scheme, I should have applied to that PUBHI and just "suffered" :sarcasm: through a couple years in Hawaii where (I don't think) there are any en route centers. No choice then but to offer me some terminal, then made the attempt to transfer to a tower in LA. *sigh* OH well

I like the new angle of contacting a "Hub Manager". Anyone else up for a wild goose chase?

I'm in the same boat. I was offered a TRACON and really wanted a tower. In fact, I even listed "Air Traffic Control Tower Only" in my preferences.

All I wanted was a tower in MI or IL, it doesn't seem like it would have been that big of an issue.

Everyone I've called basically says they can't do anything about it, and my only hope is to go to the PEPC and hope for a change or give up on this application.

I do know that I don't want to go to a TRACON, though. I won't accept it.

I'm in the same boat. I was offered a TRACON and really wanted a tower. In fact, I even listed "Air Traffic Control Tower Only" in my preferences.

All I wanted was a tower in MI or IL, it doesn't seem like it would have been that big of an issue.

Everyone I've called basically says they can't do anything about it, and my only hope is to go to the PEPC and hope for a change or give up on this application.

I do know that I don't want to go to a TRACON, though. I won't accept it.

what Tracon did you get?

Gosh it's SOO funny. Well, maybe it's not. It's seems like EVERYONE got centers this Pubnat around. Only those elite little high-scoring CTI rated kids actually got picked for the level 12 towers. :mad: Only another 50 credits of "history of airports" and "airport security" and I TOO could have been a contender. hmph.

My latest scheme, I should have applied to that PUBHI and just "suffered" :sarcasm: through a couple years in Hawaii where (I don't think) there are any en route centers.

There's a Center in Honolulu. It shares the facility with the TRACON, I believe. Some sort of integrated building.

I like the new angle of contacting a "Hub Manager". Anyone else up for a wild goose chase?

A few people have gotten in touch with them. But at your point in the process, I don't think it'd be very helpful -- sounds to me like you're more or less committed to ZLA.

If it helps, I am speaking to my rep on Monday about this exact issue. I am SO EXCITED to be a part of this ATC group, but I can't manage a 4+ hour drive in each direction, and my kids/family can't move.

I'll post results on all threads relevant to this subject (since there are many now).

Gosh it's SOO funny. Well, maybe it's not. It's seems like EVERYONE got centers this Pubnat around. Only those elite little high-scoring CTI rated kids actually got picked for the level 12 towers. :mad: Only another 50 credits of "history of airports" and "airport security" and I TOO could have been a contender. hmph.

It may not seem like it now...but you are actually really lucky to get ZLA. Nowhere else in the entire FAA could you work with me...:crazy:

Wait...maybe that is not a benefit. I guess you'll find out for yourself eventually.

If it helps, I am speaking to my rep on Monday about this exact issue. I am SO EXCITED to be a part of this ATC group, but I can't manage a 4+ hour drive in each direction, and my kids/family can't move.

I'll post results on all threads relevant to this subject (since there are many now).

BA HUM-BUG!! I spoke with my rep. You'll probably get the same schpeel as me. "So sorrri, jew must deeeklyne jew offer and starrrr all over aggen." ESPECIALLY true if your trying to go from enrout to tower.

BA HUM-BUG!! I spoke with my rep. You'll probably get the same schpeel as me. "So sorrri, jew must deeeklyne jew offer and starrrr all over aggen." ESPECIALLY true if your trying to go from enrout to tower.

What about Christians and Muslims ???:yup:

It may not seem like it now...but you are actually really lucky to get ZLA. Nowhere else in the entire FAA could you work with me...:crazy:

Wait...maybe that is not a benefit. I guess you'll find out for yourself eventually.

Listen K-Dog, one more friendly reminder outta you of my lifelong exhile to the Antelope Vally and I'll club you with a tubbleweed. :buck: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'll remind YOU that we should carpool to and from LA together cause I ain't living in no Avenue S in stinkhole Palmdale.

Just remember all those navaids and frequencies and VORs and waypoints we'll have to memorize (and wouldn't have to deal with in a tower setting). Come on, wouldn't a daily drive to a glamorous international airport tower with a great view have been better than 25 years of blips?!!!
I know. Eventually I'll bury all hope and just be content with my lot. But the shock is still too new right now. :cwm27:

Back