Oct 21st Academy Terminal

I guess i'll be there, I went to the 7/10 PEPC and I was slated for the 9/8 basics class. Funny thing is, a couple weeks later when I emailed my HR contact to ask about my FOL she told me that there was no 9/8 basics class even scheduled and 10/21 was the earliest I could get into. This whole process makes no sense and is extremely frustrating, so I guess i'm scheduled for 10/21. I'll believe it when i'm actually there!

I'll be there as well but wish it was an earlier class. I can't get over this uneasy feeling that there will be a last minute glitch. Must have something to do with the pain and frustration inflicted over the past 13 months :banghead:

yeah don't fret it, I was told the same thing for 9/8. And am now heading to terminal basics for 10/21

Looking at your avatar pic is like pouring salt on an open wound.... Also, in the top right corner of that pic you can see me and a couple of the other RUF/NEKS that were at that game..... :buck:

Haha I had to seeing they are my team, not to mention how many sooner fans are on here. I know u guys didnt give us a chance but in all honesty if we would have waken up for the pitt game. We wouldv'e had ohio state to do that too and trust me a lot of us in this area would a much rather had them.

I attended the July 11th NYC PEPC. I received my FOL today for Austin Tracon with a start date of Oct 21 at the academy.

I have an Oct 21 basics class date. I'm assigned to Cleveland Hopkins Tower and recieved my FOL about a weeek ago. The whole waiting thing has sucked, plus I'm deployed to the middle east right now for a couple more weeks with the military and had to jump through a of hoops to make sure I didn't miss my FOL.
Does anyone know of a link that explains our per diem rate a little better then the FOL. I have some friends that work for the FAA (none of them ATC, but have been to OKC for various schools) and they said that up to $59/ day goes towards rent, and another $20 guaranteed per day. If the apartment you get is only $40 per day, then you lost out on the other $19, but still got the $20. If anyone can post something, I would really appreciate it...I don't have a whole lot of free time to surf the web here.

Does anyone know of a link that explains our per diem rate a little better then the FOL. I have some friends that work for the FAA (none of them ATC, but have been to OKC for various schools) and they said that up to $59/ day goes towards rent, and another $20 guaranteed per day. If the apartment you get is only $40 per day, then you lost out on the other $19, but still got the $20. If anyone can post something, I would really appreciate it...I don't have a whole lot of free time to surf the web here.

http://forums.jetcareers.com/traini.../72033-student-services-housing-per-diem.html

I'll be there as well but wish it was an earlier class. I can't get over this uneasy feeling that there will be a last minute glitch. Must have something to do with the pain and frustration inflicted over the past 13 months :banghead:

Man, I feel the exact same way.

On a separate note, hi future classmates. I'm in for the October 21 class as well. After which I'll be at Fort Lauderdale International.

Anyone looking for a roomate? Send me a PM if you are. I'm still deployed for a couple weeks, so if I don't PM you back soon, sorry....and go Buckeyes!

Hey guys, just recieved my FOL yesterday. I will be in the terminal class starting Nov 25 with you guys. Just figured I would drop a line to say hello.

Thanks!! I'm heading to SDL in AZ! Can't wait!! I'm sactually going to move out there next week now that I have my FOL in hand.

I don't think any one has got their packages yet. From what I understand most people haven't been getting them until 2 days prior to the class start. I start next week and plan on leaving either today or tomorrow. There are a lot of terminal and en-route guys going for next week we should start a get together thread if some people want to meet up. I won't know any one down there and plan to be there for the weekend and looking to check out Bricktown this weekend.

Anybody got their Academy packet yet? We're a week out and i've got nothing..

I haven't received one either. I called my HR rep and she then referred me to this number 405-954-6327. A lady picked up (can't remember her name) and she told me she was the only one doing welcome packets now. Plus she didn't even have me on the list of individuals that was going to the academy Oct 21. She then went on to say she only had two people on the list and that she requested from all the HR reps an updated list of indivduals that were going to the academy on Oct 21. She took down my info and said she would get on it right away. She also said a few individuals classes got pushed back and I could be one of those indivduals, which she doubts. I'm leaving for OKC this Thursday. Let me know if anybody needs help if they are going down there the same time.

I haven't received one either. I called my HR rep and she then referred me to this number 405-954-6327. A lady picked up (can't remember her name) and she told me she was the only one doing welcome packets now. Plus she didn't even have me on the list of individuals that was going to the academy Oct 21. She then went on to say she only had two people on the list and that she requested from all the HR reps an updated list of indivduals that were going to the academy on Oct 21. She took down my info and said she would get on it right away. She also said a few individuals classes got pushed back and I could be one of those indivduals, which she doubts. I'm leaving for OKC this Thursday. Let me know if anybody needs help if they are going down there the same time.

I was getting no where in trying to contact a live person. I thought not receiving the welcome package would be that "last" glitch preventing my getting to OKC. But thanks to your posted phone number my package will be placed in the mail today.

I'm driving to OKC Saturday and will be at the Apple Tree Sunday evening. Anybody else staying there?:rawk::nana2::laff::yeahthat::p:hiya:

I was getting no where in trying to contact a live person. I thought not receiving the welcome package would be that "last" glitch preventing my getting to OKC. But thanks to your posted phone number my package will be placed in the mail today.

I'm driving to OKC Saturday and will be at the Apple Tree Sunday evening. Anybody else staying there?:rawk::nana2::laff::yeahthat::p:hiya:

Thats great you got of hold of Robin but, now I can't. I keep calling her but it goes to voicemail. I just wanted to double check to see if she sent it off yet and ask when would it get here.

Back